Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alittle help here...

Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default alittle help here...

About to install motor mounts/LT headers and o/r Y pipe. Where is the best place to jack the whole car up (front and rear) and how high? Found good write up on here but it doesn't state either of those. Thanks guys!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pic the points on the subframe that are notched out and supposed to be used when raising the car. Just check your owners manual or if you dont have one download one off the internet (there free just google owners manual download) and see. The best way i can describe is the notches cut out right behind the front wheels and right before the rear ones. It helps to see but make sure you hit it and see that its solid and metal.

If your meaning just where is the best place to do it for working on exhaust i would still pick that just be carefull that your not jerking the car around or stuff, obviously the best way would be a lift but not everyone has access. I use the 4 jack locations
Old 03-20-2011, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright thanks man. freaks me out alittle being under a car that is ONLY on jack stands a foot in the air. lol

Search this Thread