Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor mount cross threaded?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor mount cross threaded?

Think I may have cross threaded one of the clamshell to block bolts while trying to line up my poly mounts. Got the two back bolts threaded about halfway into the block. Started playing with one of the front bolts and felt it grab. So I wrenched it down about 1/4 of the way. When I got under the car from a different angle I saw the bolt was threaded in the block at a 45 degree angle. I had no issues removing the bolt but everytime I try to thread it in straight it still ends up pushing into that angle.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow after work but in the meantime anyone have any thoughts on this? Assuming the worst case scenario (threads in block screwed up) what do I need to fix this issue?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I may have done the same thing. I use and thread chaser or tap and cleaned the threads in the block. was still a little rough the further the bolt threaded in so installed a couple of washers on the bolt and pull tight just isnt threaded in the block as far as it should be. Thats my experence.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Samething happened when I did mine, I think its because when you have the block tilted and if the clamshell is bolted to the pedestal it will look like its off.

If the clamshell is bolted to the pedestal take it off and put the mount on the motor first then just align the mount and pedestal back up.

Quick Reply: Motor mount cross threaded?