Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK ORY is fitting like shit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBK ORY is fitting like ****?

So I put on LT's/ORY this weekend and finished everything up today. Problem is the ORY sit so damn close to the floor board it's actually hitting it from the slightest amount of engine torque. Is this typical? Should I just take it off and hammer down the areas causing the issue?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

a set of prothane motor mounts should fix your issue.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Mine had plenty of room. If it's actually hitting the floorboard, I'm not sure new motor mounts will help, as the collectors will sit higher, and I think you'd be surprised how much hammering you'd have to do to make any difference. Is it only vibrating when the engine's under load? Did everything fit right otherwise? Like the y-pipe lined up with the collectors and the rubber exhaust hanger? The only vibration issue I had is there is a piece of sheet metal that was occasionally contacting my pass. side 02 sensor. I was able to just bend that up a little with my fingers and it solved the problem. I'd recommend you check for that, and also re-torque all the manifold bolts and header-y-pipe-i-pipe connections before taking a hammer to it.

Also, try to post pics up before you do anything drastic, especially if you can identify where it's hitting. A lot of people have BBKs.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

All aftermarket y pipes tend to bang the floorboard, its common issue and most of the time. New motor mounts solve that problem. So as suggested, get some new motor mounts and see if that works. Post up pics as well.