Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow catback issues anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Magnaflow catback issues anybody?

Just wondering if anybodys had the same issues with their catback... mines cracked around the passenger side hangar, causing it to vibrate... gonna have to have it welded up now :/

Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that sucks. my magnaflow on my GTO has been great.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it has a lifetime warranty, just call them up and tell them
Old 03-28-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had any problems with my magnaflow. Surprised there have been threads lately concerning magnaflows quality.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Captain Double Post

Not so much the quality,but more of it beeing such a crap fit,quality is great,I will say while you are welding that up,polish that thing lol
Old 03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Not so much the quality,but more of it beeing such a crap fit,quality is great,I will say while you are welding that up,polish that thing lol
Yeah those pipes look like they could use some love
I would try magnaflow, maybe they can send a new one even though the problem might have to be with the muffler to get anything replaced for free. Check the "fine print".
Ive owned two of their fbody systems and havent had any issues installing or while in use (knock knock). The tips were dead on the first time installing them on the back of the camaro. I just took my time and lined it all up before even getting the pipes on the car. I've even installed a cutout onto one and changed the tips, no issues either with rattles or breaks, fitment after. One of the CB Ive owned for quite a while now and it is showing some surface rust around the hangers and clamps but nothing some wet sanding and a buff couldnt handle once it warms up. Ill prob replace the crappy u-clamps too with nice SS butt clamps at the same time as I used what came with the first time around. A buddies hooker muffler was rotting out and all rusty very quickly and the fbody blowmasters...well lets not even go there. If you live anywhere near snow and will have to drive in it, stainless is the only way to go if you dont want to replace mufflers all the time.
I do need new tips for the one on my bird tho cuz the magnaflow truck style tips arent the best look. I cannot decide on which ones as nothing really looks good in that exhaust exit spot on a formula but having none doesnt look good either IMO.

Last edited by Fb0dy0nly; 03-28-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like someone said above.. it's supposed to be a lifetime warranty. Call them up and see what the deal is!