Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 WS6 stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 WS6 stock exhaust

Does anybody have the part number for the stock exhaust on an 01 WS6? I have been searching google for the past hour on my cell at work and the battery is about to die. Can anybody help me out?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i wouldnt worry about part numbers if your looking at buying one. you will pay thru the nose for one at the dealer. put a wanted ad up in the classifieds, people ditch them all the time for aftermarket catbacks.

unfortunately, GMparts direct wont give me part numbers, but i can tell you, the stock muffler brand new from there is going to set you back over 700 bucks after shipping and tax. thats just the muffler. that doesnt include tail pipes, I-pipe...etc.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bww3588
i wouldnt worry about part numbers if your looking at buying one. you will pay thru the nose for one at the dealer. put a wanted ad up in the classifieds, people ditch them all the time for aftermarket catbacks.

unfortunately, GMparts direct wont give me part numbers, but i can tell you, the stock muffler brand new from there is going to set you back over 700 bucks after shipping and tax. thats just the muffler. that doesnt include tail pipes, I-pipe...etc.
No, I don't want one. My friend thinks that because I have the stock tips, the entire exhaust is stock. I was looking at the piping and I can see some numbers that are unreadable, so I figured I would ask if anybody had the part number to maybe compare it to what is legible lol
Old 04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

most aftermarket systems are totally different looking than the stock exhaust. or they will atleast say the brand name on them somewhere.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Teching In

The WS6 package includes a less restrictive exhaust, I wonder if the pipes have ID numbers on them from the factory.