Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on exhaust

OK so i have super comp longtubes and 3 inch y-pipe that ends at at rear axle it is not dumped. the exhaust is just straight pipes i guess i want to put a bullet with turndown or should i do something else? Or would it be fine to just put a turndown on with no bullet and run straight pipes?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

straight pipe will be retarded loud. you are better off with a bullet or some type of muffler. dynomax bullet would work, so would a fm one chamber. there are plenty of examples on youtube and this site.

if u r worried about the po po, extend that 3" pipe up and over the axle and dump it just after the axle. be fore warned though, 3" ory's are notoriously raspy. i have a 3" to 4" custom y with a fm merge and it is still on the raspy side. i've tried the tsp rumbler(3" system w/ dyno bullet). the car felt choked, and the rasp was obnoxious at around 2500. follow vids in sig to my channel.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
straight pipe will be retarded loud. you are better off with a bullet or some type of muffler. dynomax bullet would work, so would a fm one chamber. there are plenty of examples on youtube and this site.

if u r worried about the po po, extend that 3" pipe up and over the axle and dump it just after the axle. be fore warned though, 3" ory's are notoriously raspy. i have a 3" to 4" custom y with a fm merge and it is still on the raspy side. i've tried the tsp rumbler(3" system w/ dyno bullet). the car felt choked, and the rasp was obnoxious at around 2500. follow vids in sig to my channel.
Its not loud until wot. It cruises quite during heavy acceleration kinda loud but not bad at all. My only concern is am I getting the most power possible or would be better with a bullet. Noise is no concern with me
Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best sounding dumped y pipe set up is
a magnaflow bullet,run it right before the axle ,and angle the turn down so its not aimed at the ground
Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Magnaflow #14419, Moroso Spiral Flow #94055 (stainless steel) or #94051 (steel), and there's the Powerstick#3026SB. All are 3" in/out bullet mufflers.