Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed BBK LTs, need some help

Old 04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installed BBK LTs, need some help

OK so today I installed my BBK LTs and the only thing I am having trouble with is the EGR and AIR...I will soon be getting them tuned out but in the mean time what do I do with the hoses that ran into the stock headers? Right now I just have them open blowing air and I doubt that is right. Ive searched all over here and camaroz28 forum and cant really figure it out.

Setup is 2000 Camaro SS with lid, corsa cat back, BBK LTs and 4.10 gearing

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

theres a writeup on here on how to remove the air motor underneather the bumper but iif you dont fee like taking the bumper off just pull the fuse for air pump and disconnect the hoses where they go under the car b the headlight. for the egr if you have it remove it all and get an adjustable rubber freeze plug and use that to plug the hole.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the EGR i believe is 1 3/8 adjustble freeze plug, and the AIR i had my pipes loose for a while before i actually took out the piping and pump.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Hey thanks alot guys! Will do
Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just did this a few days ago my air pump came out from the access for the fog lights came right out doin headers so no block offs needed
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redbird555
theres a writeup on here on how to remove the air motor underneather the bumper but iif you dont fee like taking the bumper off just pull the fuse for air pump and disconnect the hoses where they go under the car b the headlight. for the egr if you have it remove it all and get an adjustable rubber freeze plug and use that to plug the hole.
Looked today to pull the fuse for the AIR but when I looked in the manual for which one, it said that the same fuse is for other things too??

Also, for the EGR, can I plug it w/o removing it? In PA we have a visual inspection and it has to be there.

Search this Thread