Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idling Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Idling Issues

What's up guys I just installed quite a few things like H/C/I and a 4k stall and I noticed that it dosen't like to start up right away. Here's the thing I have to give it the gas to get it to go on its own. Once its running with out me feeding it gas it will be good for like 5min at around 1k, than it will start to bogg down slowly to about 700rpm. But through out that time the motor starts to rev higher to like 500-700rpm more from the point were it starts to bogg down. I've noticed that if I make adjustments to the screw on the TB it will be ok. I'm guesing that it needs to be tuned, which is expected but does it seem normal for the rpm gage to jump around like that? And does it mean that i may not have all the vaccum lines hooked up?
If this helps any i did take it for a 25 mile ride and it was doing fine, but when i pulled in to a parking lot and slowed down it turned off on me. When i attemped to start it, it turned over but shut off. It did that 2 times but on the second try I gave it gas it kept on its own. i hope this makes sense. thanks. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your car definitely needs a tune, then it will run better
Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H/C/I and a 4k stall and no tune? um ya maybe you should start there. and check fuel pressure as well.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jsteele90
your car definitely needs a tune, then it will run better
right on man i'm taking it in this weekend
Originally Posted by cookba
H/C/I and a 4k stall and no tune? um ya maybe you should start there. and check fuel pressure as well.
thanks man im schedule to bring it in this weekend. so i'm hoping it will be straight after that.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Totally normal for having a stock tune.