Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk pullies

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lets talk pullies

Ok, I did a search & didnt find exactly what I'm lookin for. So I'm just gonna ask. Here is a link to a guy who sells billet tensioner, idler & power steering pump pullies. My question is can the same pulley used for the top tensioner be used for the AC tensioner? Same goes for the 2 idler pullies?

I like the fact his have a replaceable bearing & are made from billet. Pricing is also not too shabby either.

http://store.wazees.com/Category/11-...s-engines.aspx

I dont think this will step on vendor toes as I dont know of one that offers there products. I know Katech has a tensioner assembly they sell but this guy is just selling pullies only.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the idler and tensioner pullies only need the bolt going through right???? So worse case scenerio you might have to get a different length belt. I think that's a good find and say go for it....assuming those are quality peices
Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

I was kinda wondering dimension wise as well, like are the pullies the same width. Just dont want to bolt it up only to find out it wont spin cause its hitting the block or another bracket/bolt. Not real worried about belt length as I'm thinking about grabbing a Powerbond 25% UD so belt length will change reguardless.

I might just get their PS pulley & tensioner pulley. The others you cant really see anyhow. I'll just either put new bearings in the others or buy the stock replacements. I know the bearings are starting to go in my stockers, they make noise from time to time & have 162k miles on em, LOL.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

The ac tensioner pullies ride on the outside/backside of the belt, so they are smooth. The acc drive rides the inside of the belt so its grooved. So no, I would not interchange them. The diameters are different as well. Not much but still different. The alt idler pulley is a smooth design as well.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Yea, the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm leaning toward only getting the PS/top tensioner pullies. I'm hopin the bearings can just be repacked & keep on going in the other stock pieces.

These pieces will look alot nicer than stock though, thats for sure.