Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBX headers...TSP ORY pipe or Custom flowmaster Y pipe????

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBX headers...TSP ORY pipe or Custom flowmaster Y pipe????

I'm trying to get away with some cheap stainless headers. I've heard OBX headers fit well, but the Y pipe that comes with them does not.

This made me wonder if I could get just the headers and order a ORY pipe from Texas speed and performance if they would match up with out too much adjustment. If that won't work, I thought about ordering a y300350 merge from flowmaster and having an exhaust shop weld in the pipes for a custom y.

Thoughts on either of these setups or the OBX headers (fitment) would be appreciated........It's either this or coated pacesetters with ORY pipe from TSP.....I really want stainless, but I also want good fit, and I'm getting antsy
Old 05-11-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

IDK if the TSP Y pipe will fit those headers, but if your looking for the best fitment possible I would go with the Y merger and have a shop fab up a Y pipe. From my experience on here if you can find a quality exhaust shop there is no beating a custom Y pipe as far as overall fitment. I just just make sure your specific in what you want as far as If you want the Y pipe made in pieces that can come apart or if you want the whole thing welded in a single piece. The only drawback to a custom Y is it will probable cost a little more
Old 05-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Teching In

if you search ljfirebird i posted a few pics of the obx Y clearance...
i got the headers/y combo and love it, havent scraped yet in about 1k miles and the clearance was great on both.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...7-exhaust.html
thats the link to the thread
Old 05-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Well that's good to hear...I might get the whole kit then. Amazon and a couple of the ebay sellers were selling these "headers" for around $500 shipped but nowhere in the description did it say a y pipe or addition pieces were included (but the picture is of the whole kit.)

Hmmmmm that would be nice if it included everything. Otherwise I would think Amazon is overpriced on just the Headers by themselves
Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

I thought I remember them being $500 shipped for the headers and Y pipe from a couple sponsors on here.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Launching!

That's cheap as hell. If thats it for everything, I'm going to go ahead and get them
Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Alright I have been google shopping these this morning and here is what I found.....there is a nonsponsered website that is selling obx stainless headers without cats for ~500 (close to amazon's price). In the description on this website, it says this is a "7 piece style header". I have sent them an email. Their part number is H10869s.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

I have a brand new flowmaster merge that needs to be welded into a ypipe if your interested...
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Ok thanks I'll keep tha in mind if the y pipe doesn't fit right.

I just put the order in for the full kit including y pipe and resonators for $526 shipped. I ordered from the only company that replied to me today! Lol......looking forward to my first real nodding experience
Old 05-12-2011, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

I'm running the OBX lts with resonators and their ory. I paid around $500 shipped last year from a seller on ebay. Y-pipe did hang super low or atleast it did on mine and a few others that I found out when researching those headers before I bought them. Went to a good local exhaust shop and had it tucked up very nicely and welded together. Cant even see the ory from the side. Fits like a stock ypipe but then again it is only 2-1/2" or 2-3/4" diameter ypipe as compared to most other ls1 ory's which are 3 or 3.5"
Old 05-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Are you serious? Why in the hell would they do that? If I would have known that, I would have went with the pacesetters!

Now I am going to have to step back UP to my 3" magnaflow catback. I mean would 2.5" after header piping cause a lose in power or am I freaking out about nothing?

Quick Reply: OBX headers...TSP ORY pipe or Custom flowmaster Y pipe????