Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 heads/cam/etc?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 heads/cam/etc?!

I'll (hopefully) be picking up an LQ4 soon for my 80 Firebird. I've heard of the great power potential from these engines when they are paired with l92 heads. I've also heard that picking a good cam for them is a pain in the ***.

Heavy *** 1980 Firebird, I think 3800-4000 pounds. It's an automatic for now and I'm considering just using the th350 for now and then a t56 later when my wallet recuperates from this. This will be daily driven, so idling would be nice, but I'd also hate to put a stock engine in after all the **** I'll have to go through to get this running.

I have to get a car intake for my hood to close so I'll probably pick up an L76 or ls3, whichever is cheapest/better I suppose. I was just wondering what kind of cam i should get for this, TB, stock head gaskets or thin for cr, and if I should get a particular stall T/C and rear end gears for this. Also is there any kind of budget friendly head/intake work that would be worth while for this?

Thanks in advance,
Nick