Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing for a short/continuity?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing for a short/continuity?

Car: 2000 Corvette

Little background, did a Head/Cam swap only ran it in the driveway but it ran well. Had to tear it down for an unrelated reason and now its blowing this fuse. There is a very good chance I nicked/cut a wire when it was apart.

Fuse - 22 - INJR1 - Keeps blowing as soon as you turn the key. The car also throws code PO200 periodically.

Now it's my understanding that this fuse controls the fuel injectors AND spark plugs for the driver side cylinders (1,3,5,7).

So, my question(s) are (1) Does my assessment of the situation sound correct? (exposed wire causing short that is blowing the fuse) (2) how do I use something like a multi-meter to help me narrow down what wire is causing me trouble? (please explain like I am retarded, because I am retarded)

I've tried googling around but everything is more geared towards finding the fuse/circuit that is shorted, but I already know that. I need to find the actual wire.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The P0200 is from the fuse blowing most likely.

here is what you need to do. Because I have no wiring diagrams to go over you need to know everything on that circuit.

Since the fuse is popping your most likely shorting that circuit to ground. So what you can do is un plug everything on that circuit and see if the fuse still blows.

If it doesn't, start plugging things in one at a time. Once you see the fuse pop you can narrow it down ever farther.

hope this helps.