Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp true duals opinions.... Please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsp true duals opinions.... Please.

Ok ive been reading and doing alot of research, so please dont flame me. Just wondering who is running tsp's true dual set up and how they're running it, whether it be dumps, or out back. Im gonna be finally putting my LT's in in a couple weeks and would really love to dump the flowmaster cat back. It sounds good in my opinion but just want something that flows better and would rather be true duals. Current mods in sig, next will be Hooker Super Competition Ceramic LT's.
Thanks guys!!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

I just got them when I did H/C install. Running TSP headers and TD's w/ the Sweet Thunders. I think it sounds good......I wanted it with Bullets, was shipped with the wrong ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhOjS...layer_embedded
Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Ill have to check out your video when i get off work, damn computers here are blocked. Cant access ****. But thank you for you reply and video i will for sure check it out. Another thing i forgot to mention i was curious about was, those who are running dumps, hows the exhaust inside the car??? Thats a big one, i have a young daughter who will often ride with me in the car and do not want to expose her to raw exhaust fumes.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS_2000
hows the exhaust inside the car??? Thats a big one, i have a young daughter who will often ride with me in the car and do not want to expose her to raw exhaust fumes.
If they are anything like my dual cutouts were, you'll smell it. you could probably work some cats in to take the edge off the exhaust smell and that would give it a little more tone as well. But i had cutouts behind each header and at red lights you could definitely smell it.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

I had texas speed true duals... ******* things sounded AMAZING with my mega death cam! It dumped before the axle... I took them off for more than one reason, but the main reason was clearance... here in hawaii the roads suck and im lowered too much!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
I had texas speed true duals... ******* things sounded AMAZING with my mega death cam! It dumped before the axle... I took them off for more than one reason, but the main reason was clearance... here in hawaii the roads suck and im lowered too much!
How did your sound inside the car??? And was the exhaust fumes strong??
Old 05-26-2011, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS_2000
How did your sound inside the car??? And was the exhaust fumes strong??
It shouldn't be too loud without headers or cam,etc. I went from the SLP LM exhaust (resonator) and changed to a Borla, directly off the stock Y-Pipe. The Borla was alot better sound and not as loud.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Teching In

I plan on doing the duals at the same time as my LT's and no cats.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TSP duals here as well. Running TSP bullets dumped.. AMAZING ALSO! Definitely sound of pure muscle. I had Loudmouth, Dynomouth, Magnaflow and now Duals. And by far this is the best sounding.

I have longtubes and a 230 cam and its somewhat loud at startup. No drone, inside the car while driving is okay. It actually is pretty tame.

I think Loudmouth was alot louder than my duals setup. But it is pretty aggressive loud. You will love it. I promise you!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

texas speed td's here. dumped w/ bullets. my car is lowered on with the eibach pro kit. headers are kooks 1 7/8's. cam is 232/236 in a 7.0L. sounds bad *** on start up/driving. no drone and no exhaust smell in the car ever. and i havent scraped on enything yet even on the bad roads
Old 05-27-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I "had" TSP true duals dumped with dynomax bullets. Best sound for a LS1 IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFd1...el_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTTUB...feature=relmfu
Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
I "had" TSP true duals dumped with dynomax bullets. Best sound for a LS1 IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFd1...el_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTTUB...feature=relmfu
Your car sounds badass!!! Thats more less what i was hoping someone would post, because thats more less what my car would sound like. Looks like thats what im going for. Gonna put some cash away and make it happen!! Ditch the y pipe and flowmaster cat back.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've run them for several years. You will get fumes if you have the windows down. Usually when stopped they build up under the car. They do drone at certain speeds in my car. They aren't as loud as most people think. They sound awsome at idel and at full throttle. They will cause ground clearence issues. The fitment is pretty good. The pipe has lasted for 5 years. I'm looking at replacing the bullets with Boral race mufflers.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

I have the duals with Sweet Thunder mufflers. It's pretty loud but not unbearable by any means. I don't notice any gas smell in the car. I'm probably going to get them ran out the back just to cut down on the cabin noise though. They fit well...a little close near the torque arm but it doesn't touch.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 95 Z28
I have the duals with Sweet Thunder mufflers. It's pretty loud but not unbearable by any means. I don't notice any gas smell in the car. I'm probably going to get them ran out the back just to cut down on the cabin noise though. They fit well...a little close near the torque arm but it doesn't touch.
Ive been hearing alot of good things about the sweet thunders. Any videos by chance bro??
Old 05-28-2011, 03:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TSP TD's with Sweet thunders here, 1 & 7/8ths longtubes, and the Torquer V.3 cam....

Its LOUD, it starting up i can here blocks away. It sounds amazing no rasp at all and at full throttle its pretty insane. I can BARELY smell the exhaust but almost never do. HOWEVER, the drone is pretty intense. When i drive 3 hours to Houston its pretty rough. I have to turn up a 1000 watt stereo to get past the 1.5K rpm drone....

ive been through multiple exhaust and im finally satisfied, everything else with the y-pipe yielded unbearable rasp...

Ill try and get a video when i get it back from LMR next week (TA bushing went bad).
Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Don't mean to ask a stupid question, but by "true duals" do you guys mean straight piping it all the way back instead of a Y pipe?
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Captain Double Post

Got tsp duals with sweet thunders put in yesterday,by far owns all catbacks period! I have great clearance,car is at stock height but honest when the springs go on I see no issues,has better clearance than my tsp ory did,I have a ms4 cam,and with the duals its pretty loud,but the sound just puts a smile on your face,also I felt the car pulled better with the duals compared to a y pipe set up. If ya can deal with always staying in nascar mode,gas smell,and again how loud they are there perfect for you
Old 06-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Captain Double Post

Red02 the tsp duals is a x pipe set up,that dumps at the rear axle,a y is 2 into 1,that's where I feel is the main issue with rasp etc,the x pipe will make it a true dual exhaust car,but its pretty much straight pipes into a (x) and out. I will state again with my cam duals are freaking loud,sounds great but loud as all hell,
Old 06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Redf02rmula
Don't mean to ask a stupid question, but by "true duals" do you guys mean straight piping it all the way back instead of a Y pipe?
Like mentioned above true duals means the two pipes that come out of your headers DO NOT go into one pipe (Y pipe) then out. You can either have an X pipe or H pipe with duals. As you can see why their called X, H, or Y pipe. lol Duals > any other exhaust.....

Check out this sticky if you got any more questions & there's pics to

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-pics-too.html

Quick Reply: Tsp true duals opinions.... Please.