Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid motor mount help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid motor mount help

I'm installing Spohn solid motor mounts and have everything bolted down nicely with one problem. The steering shaft won't slide onto the rack and pinion. It's like the motor is more to the driver side and the header is in the way so it won't line up. Anybody have this problem before? Any suggestions??
Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Yeah, those things are a pain in the ***. The motor has plenty of room to move with those mounts, unfortunately you need to loosen all 16 bolts and then position appropriately. Not very much fun. Keep an eye on your trans tail because it can get to pointing crooked as well as you position the engine.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

did ya make sure ya put the right ones on the correct side?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its deff a pain in the *** installing them and they are in correctly. I kept messing around with it and it looks like the rack and pinion may be the problem not the mounts. Not only will the shaft not line up but the power steering pressure lines are now behind the alternator with no way in hell to screw them in. And I put a new rack in it cuz the old was was leaking....guess ill have to take it all back apart..FML