Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Critique My soon to be done setup!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Critique My soon to be done setup!

Well since I have a few bills paid off and I'm getting a new job very soon making almost double what I am know..the mod bug has finally sunk it's teeth deep into my veins..so in preparation of bigger things down the road (LE heads/ mild cam setup hopefully over winter)..My plans over the next month will be getting Pacesetter ceramic coated L/T's, but I'm going to dump them before the axle just to save a bit of money for now so I can get some newer rims..since my stockers are peeling/ flaking and I need to do some suspension work to handle the power.Now here is where my main question is..I want this to be a loud...but yet quiet setup..I don't want this thing screaming going down the road..but at WOT I want to be loud..so I've been thinking maybe run catted with dumper, and have the setup something like headers, then e-cutouts, then cats, then go back to the dumps? Is this somewhat of a popular thing to do or am I just crazy?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I'm doing for my exhaust set up. LT's, e-cutouts, catted y pipe, catback. Should be decently quiet with the e-cutouts closed. Not like stock quiet or anything but, quiet enough for me.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Might have something to do w/ it being 2pm on a Friday but your post confuses me lol
Old 06-10-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetters are a great header.. Been running mines for the last 4 years with no problems. But since you are in the market for some headers, i would look into the TSP 1 7/8 headers. It might be a bit more than the pacesetters, but i would look into those.

I am running pacesetters and TSP duals dumped with bullets and i love the sound of it. Its pretty loud, but tolerable. Inside the car there is hardly any drone. You will love going with duals.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

My new TA has Pacesetter LT on it and had a 2.5" muffler shop hack-job duals setup on it. All crush bends and dented. F that.

The guy I got the car from cut it off at the collectors so I have yet to hear this beast with anything but straight header. Holy crap this 408 is loud!

I ordered TSP TD's Monday and plan to run catless or "non-cats" only. Im in the same boat wondering if its going to be way too loud...
Old 06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

go headers, ory, cutout, then a stock catback