Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air System Removal Question......

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air System Removal Question......

I am removing my intake to replace the knock sensors. I would love to remove the air system at the same time.

Is there some part I can leave intact/connected so that I will not get an SES light for now? Don't care if it's functional or not. I have been chasing some issues setting the SES and I think I may be getting to the solution and would rather not see any SES until I can prove out the other issues are resolved.

Thanks!

Jon
Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just removed mine and took care of the computer with HPTuners. My guess is that you could remove the plumbing, install your block-off plates and just leave the pump in place and connected for now. It would just be pumping air into, well, the air.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rjparth
I just removed mine and took care of the computer with HPTuners. My guess is that you could remove the plumbing, install your block-off plates and just leave the pump in place and connected for now. It would just be pumping air into, well, the air.
HPtuners is really the only way. No point in removing the hoses and leaving the pump in place as you arent doing anything beneficial as all the weight is in the pump and removing that frees up all the room (hoses dont take up much space and can always be rerouted).
Or figure out the resistance needed to fake the computer into thinking its still plugged in and fit one on the end of the wires running to the pump but that would take some research and trial and error if even possible.
A shop near by that can do tuning can delete the codes from the comp but thats at a cost of course..