Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body bolt all jacked up HELP

Old 06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle body bolt all jacked up HELP

So i was installing my nitrous plate kit on my cts-v, I went to put the three bolts back in the throttle body to secure it to the intake and crossthreaded the last one on the passenger side. I was wondering what my options were. It looks like gm used threaded metal inserts in the intake to secure the throttle body, can these be replaced or rethreaded? Has anyone else had experience with this problem?,,,any advice would be welcome
Old 06-25-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those bolts are 6.0mm X 1.00 mm X 40-45mm. I would try a 6.0mm X 1.00mm thread chaser, or failing that a tap of the same size to clean up the threads on the intake a use a new bolt.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Intel_12
So i was installing my nitrous plate kit on my cts-v, I went to put the three bolts back in the throttle body to secure it to the intake and crossthreaded the last one on the passenger side. I was wondering what my options were. It looks like gm used threaded metal inserts in the intake to secure the throttle body, can these be replaced or rethreaded? Has anyone else had experience with this problem?,,,any advice would be welcome
You can run a tap through the insert to clean up the threads. Put a little grease on the tap to collect any shavings that might come from it.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the ideas, stupid mistake on my part. Can any damage be done i'f I drive the car with just two bolts in the body to intake?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Might be a vacume leak and cause lean condition.

Search this Thread