Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem...need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electrical problem...need help!!

ok did a 6.0 swap in a 98 z..car started and ran fine on jack stands, dropped it to the ground..i started the car and went to pull out and stalled the motor...now im not showing any voltage on the gauge, car will not turn over what so ever, no power for windows or anything...all the fuses in the panel where the ignition fuse is are not getting power whatsoever.....sounds like a relay behind the glove box is clicking like crazy....any ideas??
Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Are the battery connections clean and tight? Have you tried a different battery? Someone else will be sure to know this because this is a shot in the dark for me, but I think there's a fusible link between the battery and the fuse panel that could have blown. Based on the clicking sound I doubt that's it, my bets on a bad battery/battery connection/bad ground.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its a new battery,,,and i checked the connections on the battery....one thing i need to know is where all the grounds are....that will be the first thing i check when i get time