Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone out there gamble on the Ebay 102mm CNC TB??

Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone out there gamble on the Ebay 102mm CNC TB??

Just wondering if anyone has taken a gamble and purchased the knock off ebay cnc 102mm tb? Likes/Dislikes? It's considerably cheaper than the rest of the 102's and wanted to get some incite good or bad about this piece. It's a 4 bolt pattern and is supposed to bolt directly to the 102 fast intake. Anyone?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

I've got one for sale. I bought it because of the cost. It bolts right up and looks great. I've heard about little issues like the TPS hole needing to be opened up a bit but that really seems to be it.

For my unit I made sure i got the one I wanted. I went to the shop and they gave me one that I wasn't crazy about.... the blade rubbed on the body and kinda stuck. I asked for another and the next one was AWESOME!!

The only thing I didn't get from them was the mounting bolts. I found those locally at a specialty store.

I have never actually run the TB but it really looks good. It even has the rise in front just like the FAST unit to slow air flow.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 PM

i do not trust ebay . cheap software buy cheap software

Last edited by qcdtech; 07-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Didn't work for me, IAC valve stuck and wouldn't idle the car less than 2k RPM. They fully refunded, went to FAST.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

So in other words they are junk?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Junk, bought one and throttle shaft was machined wrong for tps sensor. Put on and first time i opened throtttle it broke the tps. Sent it back for refund. had to buy a tps.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

I haven't even tried my Godspeed 102 TB, but went to a FAST anyway. Only because I got KILLER deal!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sommer86
I haven't even tried my Godspeed 102 TB, but went to a FAST anyway. Only because I got KILLER deal!
What is the godspeed 102 TB? Seems like a lot of guys did not have good experiences with these cheapo ones. Nick Williams seems to be where it's at bang for buck.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by impulsegoat
Nick Williams seems to be where it's at bang for buck.
Godspeed is the real name of the eBay 102 TB. But NW might be the way to go, or find a killer deal on here for a FAST.

Last edited by Sommer86; 06-30-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Is it just me or does the godspeed^ look EXACTLY like the fast 102 TB on ebay?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Godspeed is the real name of the eBay 102 TB. But NW might be the way to go, or find a killer deal on here for a FAST.
Is it just me or does the godspeed^ look EXACTLY like the fast 102 TB on ebay?
You're correct..... The "Godspeed" 102 TB IS THE EBAY TB. It's just the real name. Just to clarify. :cheer:
Old 06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

You're correct..... The "Godspeed" 102 TB IS THE EBAY TB. It's just the real name. Just to clarify. :cheer:
I know that now that you cleared the air between the godspeed and the ebay one are the same but, in the last post i meant doesn't the godspeed 102 TB look exactly like the actual FAST 102 TB that's also sold on ebay? Comparing the 2 it appears to be the exact same piece but with FAST Big Mouth stamped on the top. Sorry for the confusion with my question. Considering that it looks identical all the way down to the same bolts and idle screw i would assume that guys haven't had very good experiences with the FAST 102 TB's either?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I emailed them (GS) last month about the issues you guys were having. I posted it somewhere in a thread..... Anyways, they told me they were fully aware of it and were doing their best to get it rectified. Usually their **** isn't really all that bad. Seriously.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

I know that now that you cleared the air between the godspeed and the ebay one are the same but, in the last post i meant doesn't the godspeed 102 TB look exactly like the actual FAST 102 TB that's also sold on ebay? Comparing the 2 it appears to be the exact same piece but with FAST Big Mouth stamped on the top. Sorry for the confusion with my question. Considering that it looks identical all the way down to the same bolts and idle screw i would assume that guys haven't had very good experiences with the FAST 102 TB's either?
Ooooohhhhhh, gotcha. Well, when I went down to the company (Godspeed) I asked the same exact question... is this an EXACT copy of the FAST but for less $$? He said yes. They basically just reversed engineered their TB's to a 90% design off of the FAST. He also told me that the only things that were slightly different were the tube on the top and the TPS hole. He told me it might need to be "opened up a bit".

The only other thing that seems different is the size of the word" BIG MOUTH 102". and it doesn't have "FAST" etched in the top.

EDIT* - But be careful, the TB I bought was the second one I looked at. The blade on the 1st one rubbed pretty good against the mouth of the TB. The one I got was nice and smooth and didn't rub anywhere.... So you might want to be picky if you're ordering one from them. Now, I just need to sell mine.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

I hate God Speed and all these other chinese junks they sell to us, i bought a set of stainless steel longtubes from them, I wish i didnt cheap out and payed the extra grand for some ARH... I dont trust them or any other Ebay sellers selling these junks. Just pay the extra coin and get it done the right way...
Old 06-30-2011, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Ooooohhhhhh, gotcha. Well, when I went down to the company (Godspeed) I asked the same exact question... is this an EXACT copy of the FAST but for less $$? He said yes. They basically just reversed engineered their TB's to a 90% design off of the FAST. He also told me that the only things that were slightly different were the tube on the top and the TPS hole. He told me it might need to be "opened up a bit".

The only other thing that seems different is the size of the word" BIG MOUTH 102". and it doesn't have "FAST" etched in the top.

EDIT* - But be careful, the TB I bought was the second one I looked at. The blade on the 1st one rubbed pretty good against the mouth of the TB. The one I got was nice and smooth and didn't rub anywhere.... So you might want to be picky if you're ordering one from them. Now, I just need to sell mine.
That's what i thought just from comparing the 2 in the pictures. I could live with opening up the tps hole. How much are you asking for yours?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

So in other words they are junk?
Originally Posted by LS1 BU
Junk, bought one and throttle shaft was machined wrong for tps sensor. Put on and first time i opened throtttle it broke the tps. Sent it back for refund. had to buy a tps.
Yeah, TPS issues.

This page of this thread will explain the differences.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-bodies-5.html
Old 06-30-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by kingd_202
I wish i didnt cheap out and payed the extra grand for some ARH...
now that's funny....because you are actually serious.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone out there gamble on the Ebay 102mm CNC TB??