Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another how do I - get the asp u/d pulley tq'd

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another how do I - get the asp u/d pulley tq'd

So, at the point of everything is on after the rebuild but I know that the ASP u/d pulley isn't on 100% yet.

Its on, but there is a 5cm-10cm gap or maybe there isn't just wanted to make sure it looks correct. belts all seemed to line up(doesn't mean when I turn it over they wont fly off).

Then how is the heck do I get the tq onto it:
I found up here to tq to 240, but this says "190 tq" seemed to work ok also. (any thoughts?)
The additional 37lbs no worries.

I am more concerned about the small gap.

thx again.

(info up here but no pictures)
Crank Pulley: Ah yes, everybodies favorite part. Put the car in 5th gear, put the pulley on the crank snout, and use the OLD bolt to start pulling the pulley onto the crank. Keep tightening...it should slide on about an inch or so. Once it starts getting tight, tighten to 240ft/lbs, or as close as you can to that. I always stop at around 180-190 ftlbs and its been fine so far. Now remove the old bolt, install a new one, tighten to 37ft/lbs, then turn an additional 140 degrees. Once again, I have yet to actually be able to turn it all 140 degrees..but 90-100 has seemed to work fine so far. You'll need a long section of pipe over a very strong wrench to be able to turn it all 140 degrees.
Attached Thumbnails another how do I  - get the asp u/d pulley tq'd-asp.jpg