Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about Voltage

I've been daily driving my T/A over the last week and I've been paying more attention to little things.

I was wondering what is the normal gauge reading for the voltage in this car. I've noticed that after the car has warmed up that the gauge reads right at 13 or just a little bit under at idle and driving around stop/go during the day.

At night the gauge reads a little bit over 13, and the lights, A/C etc. doesn't seem to have affect on the gauge.

Now the car doesn't seem to have any problems, starts quick, no dim lights, etc. I just wanted to know if what I'm seeing is in the normal range. I also wanted to know if the underdrive pulley has an effect on the reading as well.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Battery voltage should be at around 14 volts while under charge.. I wouldn't worry about anything under 11-12v.

Mine has always been at 13. Probably not the most accurate meter.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

I figure symptoms will show if it ever gets lower or into the yellow on the gauge which I would guesstimate is getting into the 10-11v range.