Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fourth gen Camaro/Firebird washer fluid reservoir

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Fourth gen Camaro/Firebird washer fluid reservoir

I've noticed that some (if not most) guys remove the washer fluid reservoir to accommodate transmission and/or oil coolers. I've recently done this but wish to still have a windshield washer.

Have any of you found a good bottle and location for it? I am about to do the battery to the trunk mod so I'll have a big empty where the battery normally lives.

Are there any aftermarket washer bottles that are nice and square?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

The washer reservoir is outside the airpath. If you removed it to place a cooler there then that means you dismantled the factory plastic pieces which direct/force air through the radiator and not around it, effectively lowering the overall cooling capacity of your car. Shorting a foot to gain an inch IMO.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Agreed but I will also mention some cars are un effected even with that being removed. Depends on the car and if cooling is a consideration.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I have mine removed but still have the one plastic piece that pins on the bottom of the bumper cover. Its worth keeping at least that piece in because it does guide air to where it should go. BUt now with the washer fluid container gone I could put a trans cooler with a fan there if I wanted.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:29 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I just installed a BeCool radiator and have already been stuck in traffic above 90 degrees with the A/C blasting. The engine temperature has yet to go above 190 degrees in this situation or flying along at highway speed.

The components I removed to accommodate the coolers has not reduced my car's cooling abilities.

Thanks for your concerns guys, I was concerned with this also and kept an eye on the temp gauge after I did the the work. All is well.

SO, does anybody have any ideas on the washer bottle?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Canton makes some nice overflow containers you could use and bolt in the stock location or where the battery was.

Quick Reply: Fourth gen Camaro/Firebird washer fluid reservoir