Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed used Meziere and the damn thing leaks!! How hard to do an o'ring kit??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just installed used Meziere and the damn thing leaks!! How hard to do an o'ring kit??

Hey all, i did a search and saw how others had called up meziere and heard they have great customer service but i'm pissed right now and haven't contacted the previous owner after buying this like 6 months ago and waiting to put it on when i did a turbo setup, but since the budget fell short and i just sold everything else i decided to install it.

I saw 5-6 drops that came from what i've read must be the "weep hole"? And then found another slow seaping leak on the top side at the tensioner! I tightened those down to 40 ft lbs vs the 37 i read to do 'em at and it's still there.

So i guess my question is, how hard is it to install a new o'ring kit for it and what does it look like when you open it up? Damn i hate doing things twice and possibly getting duped! Not to mention the lower bolt hole for the water neck was stripped and i had to tap it and wait 5 days for my local fastenal to get a damn 7 mm bolt for it!

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

Ok it looks like it stops once it comes up to temp so is the easy fix might be to drill a couple extra holes besides the 2 you're supposed to to start from to relieve the pressure?

The car comes up to temp very quickly and i don't drive it in the winter so would there be any issues drilling 2 more 3/16ths holes?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know about your particular pump but if you call they will help you get your pump working right!
Ran a Meziere electric pump on my '68 Mustang and they gave me great support on it.
good luck to you!
-the new guy
Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the input man and yea, their customer service was awesome! Called me back in a timely manner but unfortunately if it keeps leaking from the weep hole it can get into the motor and damage it so i'm looking at about a $200 rebuild. DOH!!