Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New P/P TB, P0507, Idle problems

Old 09-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New P/P TB, P0507, Idle problems

So I just got a LS1 TB Ported/Polished/100% Throttle/Epoxy Mod/Coolant Bypass...for some reason day 2 after install im throwing that P0507 code, my car is idling at 1,000rpm, and when im driving and throw it in neutral it hangs at 1500-2000 rpm until the car comes to a complete stop, then it just drops quickly back down to 900rpm...ive tryed searching the forums, and I did the manual reset for the TB, the car ran fine with the original TB, and theres no enlarged hole on the TB Plate. Any new info out there, or just any help would be great. I dont wanna replace IAC that worked great with previous TB
Old 09-03-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep mine does it. Does it worse when the A/C is on. However, I am not getting a 0507 code. Last year I was getting the code and replaced the AICV with a new Delphi brand and it fixed it sord of. If I remember right my car has always kinda idled high. Now I am getting a oxygen sensor code and its doing the high idle thing. But I have an exhaust leak so that may be triggering the 02 sensor and screwing the idle up. I know that my car is running like complete crap. I am going to replace both oxygen sensors when I do LT's and hopefully that will fix it. Then get a hold of Frost for a mail order tune. If it still does it I am just gonna buy a stock TB and see if that fixes it. I thought it was weird how my RPM drops back down to 900 when I sit still. Anybody know what stopping has to do with it? its kinda hard for me to remember every date and step I did with my car so sorry I can't be more of a help. I got a log somewhere that has dates and what I did to the car, but I can't find it. I would just replace the 02 sensor, but I would rather just get the bosch's and do it all at once with the LT's. I am switching my "bad" 02 sensor with the other side to see if its maybe something to do with wiring etc... or if its really just the 02, but I am thinking the exhaust leak is not helping. In the back of my mind I am also thinking that when I replaced the 02 sensor last year my car was kinda idling high and the 02 sensor helped. I will try to remember for sure and let ya know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...v-bigtime.html

Last edited by LS1WS6dreamer; 09-03-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like whoever ported the TB opened up the area around the blade. It's a TB issue, not a tune issue. I ran into the same problem on my car. I solved it by closing up the hole on the TB blade, drilled a new one much smaller, then tested. I made the hole progressively larger until the scanner showed my IAC counts in the 38-40 range.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who did the work on your TB, was it a sponsor here?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
Who did the work on your TB, was it a sponsor here?
yea "408Trans" or w/e ...he has that huge ad on here, ported polished powdercoated etc etc seems like top quality work i was impressed with it
Old 09-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The_Bishop
Sounds like whoever ported the TB opened up the area around the blade. It's a TB issue, not a tune issue. I ran into the same problem on my car. I solved it by closing up the hole on the TB blade, drilled a new one much smaller, then tested. I made the hole progressively larger until the scanner showed my IAC counts in the 38-40 range.
the hole is almost identical to the stocker, ill post some side by side pics

Old 09-04-2011, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the hole on mine was the same size as well. In fact when I compared the stocker to the ported TB there way actually more gap around the blade on the stocker. (the ported TB was actually tighter when closed). I think since my idle has always been high something has been going on since the day I bought my car. The first time it ended up being a 02 sensor and now its doing it again. So I am just gonna mess with it till I get it fixed. I also got the exhaust leak. Which is prolly why my Denso 02 is going crazy all of a sudden.

To the OP I noticed in your other post that you got a o2 sensor code. More than likely bank 2 sensor 1. Everytime my car started to do this high idle thing its the 02 sensor so if I was you I would just replace both upstreams and/or look for an exhaust leak on that side. I think you can get denso's for like $33 at rockauto. Or you could run the bosch 13111
Nice looking TB here is a pic of mine.
Stock vs P&P

P&P

stocker

Last edited by LS1WS6dreamer; 09-04-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

You might have to mess with the idle set screw and get your IAC counts in check. Do you have anyway of scanning? On bolt-on cars the IAC counts are not a big issue unless they are way off. From what I've read and adjusted on my car several times changing setups is that you want the IAC counts in the 60-80 range. You open or close the blade in small increments resetting the TPS and IAC each time to get your IAC counts in that sweet spot scanning as you go.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Exactly what he said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New P/P TB, P0507, Idle problems