Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tsp y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tsp y-pipe

I was looking through tsp's site and seen the new tsp y-pipe and it looks like it would flow really good. Alot more than my pacesetter y-pipe atleast.... Any body have one of these yet? How is the fitment? Seem to flow better? Would it fit my pacesetter headers?
Old 09-09-2011, 04:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

the ....NEW.........Y........that has been NEW.......for quite some time? that 1?
Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 AM
Restricted User

Yes that one lol. I guess I should say the newer one
Old 09-09-2011, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Yes it will fit Pacesetters. Most people complain that the TSP ory doesn't fit too well, there are quite a few threads on it already
Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that has me worried. I was planning on going with the TSP headers and y-pipe but I'm not sure if the catted one fits better than the ORY or not...
Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

The y fits fine, just takes time to work with it. I've been running mine for a while now with no problems. It hangs low on drivers side since it has no crimp in the pipe, but merge is nice. Don't think I would want it on a lowered car. I say go for it if you need another y pipe.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At some point I am going to having a local exhaust shop fab me up something because my TSP ORY fit like crap. Leaks bad too.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

aside from the merge and it banging on my floorboard, i dont mind my pacesetter. it fits pretty decent
Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was also thinking about a custom fabbed one but im not sure how much its gonna cost for stainless, especially if I add cats to it, thats why I was leaning TSP if it will fit well. My car isnt lowered right now, I might do somewhere between .5-1 inch down the road
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

I'm sitting on BMR 1.25 springs and I have zero issues with ground clearance.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
I'm sitting on BMR 1.25 springs and I have zero issues with ground clearance.
I am lowered 1&1/2 and I scrap my y-pipe or headers on ever damn speed bump..
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

I can rally pretty good over speedbumps w/ no problems. The only thing that scrapes on my set up is the driveshaft saftey loop....and that's normally if I'm driving up a steep driveway.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

The TSP ORY flows better than the Pacesetter or Hooker. The TSP ORY doesn't crush down on the driver side, the merge is a nice 2 into 1 design instead of one pipe just being welded onto the other pipe and the merge is about 3 1/2''. It does narrow down to 2 3/4" at the end like other ORYs to accomadate a stock catback if needed.

The TSP ORY does come in many peice for alot of adjustability but it is a bit of a pain to get it to fit just right. It also comes with U-bolt style clamps that I wouldn't use. I used bandclamps. I did cut off the 2 3/4" reducer and welded up my 3" catback to the merge . This ORY does hang lower than my Hooker ORY but for the flow and merge it's a good compromise. I'm sure if I took the time and modified it a bit I could tuck it up better. I'm lowered 1.5" in the front and I only scrape the ORY with a passenger. I do drive carefully over speed bumps.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

I don't know why there's so much negative talk in previous threads about the TSP y-pipes. I bought one hoping I could have an exhaust shop make it work with some eBay headers I bought. I heard the TSP y-pipe was in the most pieces so I figured it would make a good starting point and the exhaust shop could modify it as needed to fit. After I installed the headers I decided to see if the y-pipe was even close to lining up. So I laid it out on the floor and lightly clamped the sections together with the clamps that came with it so I could handle the whole y-pipe at once. Used the floor jack to hold the back of the y-pipe while I tried to fit the front to the collectors. It literally slid into place and tucked up so nicely that I couldn't believe it. It tucked up way better than the factory y-pipe but it was probably sagging due to the completely worn out motor mounts. I used a floor jack and a bottle jack to press the y-pipe up to the floorboard, welded everything up, lowered the jacks to relieve the pressure and the y-pipe settled a fraction of an inch to fit perfectly. The merge collector on the y-pipe lined up perfectly with the I-pipe or whatever it's called that runs to the muffler. Cut about 2 inches off of the I-pipe... did the same thing... jacked it up a little higher than it needed to be, slipped them together, welded it and released the pressure on the jack. It's been problem free for a couple of months now. No leaking, no banging the floorboard, has more ground clearance than the old y-pipe, it's built very well for a fair price, and on and on... I couldn't be happier. And the sound with the cutout open It sounds like a cup car. I thought for sure it was going to sound like crap with nothing to muffle the exhaust but somehow it sounds clean and crisp. Even with the cutout closed so the exhaust goes thru the factory muffler the tone is considerably more aggressive without the cats. Just my experience with my TSP y-pipe FWIW.

P.S. The eBay long tubes that aren't supposed to fit worth a damn also fit like a dream. I'm not saying every set produced is perfect but mine seem to fit just like they should.

Quick Reply: New tsp y-pipe