Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Tech Catback?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Tech Catback?

Hi all,
I've used the search engine a few times and came up with some old threads so the pics are long dead, and even googled. Does anyone have any pics and/or reviews of this setup? I'm thinking of pickup one of the aluminized setups up from Thunder Racing. It seems to be kind of rare to find anything on it. Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They were never super popular. Even the other aluminzed systems came with nice tips on them. The Random Tech did not. Probably will be hard pressed to find anyone with this system.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply, Anyone else? Any pics of the tips?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran it on my SS back in '01, and run it now on my Z. I have the original aluminized cat-back with full length stainless tips. They later switched to all aluminized or all stainless. Sounds great at idle and low throttle, sounds good at WOT, but gets really raspy at medium throttle like most other systems if your running without cats.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Catback

I have the aluminized version and love it! My set up is almost identical to yours. I get alot of compliments about it. I can tell you first hand, pay the extra cheese and get the stainless version. If you call them directly, they will make it to order for you. I'm thinking about doing it myself.

I've had my current one on since 2005. The car has been in the Netherlands and my 1st winter in Minot, ND. It has held up well, but has a few signs of wear.

The sound is very tame at cruising and idle, but get ready for a beast at WOT. If I can post a sound clip I will. I swapped the tips for some Corsa clones. IMO, if you keep the ORY, put a bullet muffler inline after the y-pipe. That may be my next move, just for that mid rpm rasp. Other than that, you will love it!

Quick Reply: Random Tech Catback?