Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have a frame mount torque arm and TSP true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a frame mount torque arm and TSP true duals?

OK like title says I was wanting to get a new set of TSP true duals (Long story mine gone destroyed) but when I went to get them it had a disclaimer for them with a frame mount torque arm. So does anyone have a frame mount torque arm with them. Because I am getting a new rear end soon with a frame mount torque arm so was wanting to know if I had to have a custom set up done or if they will work. THANKS!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

You mean tunnel mount. Usually the only off the shelf exhaust that will fit is a Y-piped unit. I use Midwest Chassis Fab 9" with tunnel mount on my bird and UMI's tunnel mount on my camaro. Custom might be the only route, I couldnt get a X-piped unit to work on either car. Just my .02

Corey
Old 09-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure what tunnel mount means but midwest said frame mount and my buddy has a frame mount set up on his ta. I didnt think would after I got looking under it today.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Launching!

I actually think it's tunnel brace. Which means it goes side to side whereas the torque arm mounts nose to rear....
The tunnel brace will most likely 99%sure not fit with tsp's Td's, I couldn't get spohns tunnel brace to fit my tsp ory and then UMI came out with their version built for longtube header applications but I have no experience with it, my advice is get custom or run without it.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah been looking into the whole tunnel mount brace ever since he mentioned it and I think that is prob what they meant but never had a chance to call midwest or tsp.......would you guys happen to know what torque arm would work with the true duals? I love them and prob wont ever switch back to anything diff. I have never had so many compliments on any of my exhaust systems as this one. LOL plus I think is by far the best I have heard!!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Launching!

I had my exhaust guy do my true duals to clear my spohn tunnel brace, it didn't fit when I had my "y" pipe setup
Old 09-18-2011, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Did you mean trans. cross member torque arm mount? Thats the one that relocates the torque arm to the transmission cross member.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

I think the TSP true dual setup will clear that type of set up i just mentioned, once you start getting into custom fab setups then thats a whole different story.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

i have the BMR Torque Arm Relocation Crossmember w/ the TSP TDs no fitment issues here

-brandon

Quick Reply: Anybody have a frame mount torque arm and TSP true duals?