Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just insyalled LT and ORY

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just insyalled LT and ORY

Well, I just got done installing (with the help of my buddy) some Pacesetter LT's, and ORY. I have to say, it wasn't all too bad. It took us 4-5 REAL working hours. We bullshitted around, got food and talked to neighbors so it took longer time wise, but it wasn't all that bad.

I would say to other DIY'ers, if you are not too good with a wrench walk away. It was by far easy, but it wasn't too hard either. Just enough to frustrate me a few times. The kit fit like a glove though.

As far as the test drive after, I was happy with the results. Defiantly feel the difference and the sound is decent. I had flowmasters cat backs already and this kit complemented the deeper rumble well. 1/2-3/4 throttle though it is a little too raspy for my liking But normal driving and WOT it sounds awesome. I am going to get the cutout installed tomorrow and look forward to the open exhaust sound! Of course I cheated mid install and made a few rev's open headers which sparked the interest of several neighbors

Now I just have to wait for the god awfull header paint smell to go away...
Old 09-15-2011, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should have done a better merge to help a lil with the rasp . enjoy it
Old 09-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Congrat's I can't wait to do mine. I'm really leaning on TSP headers and ORY and also doing the motor mounts while in there.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So far to me pulling all the old stuff off isn't that bad. I am just dreading the motor mounts the most. However, I would regret not doing them if I didn't do them while doing LT's.

OP: Did you get any kind of tune?

Could you tell a big difference on the butt dyno?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1WS6dreamer
So far to me pulling all the old stuff off isn't that bad. I am just dreading the motor mounts the most. However, I would regret not doing them if I didn't do them while doing LT's.

I TOTALLY REGRET not doing solid mounts! My d/s hits the floor pretty bad...I will need to figure something out soon!

As far as butt dyno, YES, there was/is a decent increase.

No tune yet, I am going to do stall, gear, t/b, intake and cam within the next couple of months (winter) so I am going to hold off on a tune until it is all completed. I don't wanna pay for multiple tunes. My check engine light does come on, however I don't think it hampers the performance 'that' much, or at least not enough to do multiple tunes within a few month period.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
should have done a better merge to help a lil with the rasp . enjoy it
We know about that now dont we?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1WS6dreamer

Your doing real good so far. Most of the times removing the old stuff is harder then putting the new parts in. Broken rusted bolts...etc.

As far as the mounts go I was reading your other post about it on other threads. I did them with the headers in. That was a bitch. I can only imagine doing them without the headers in, should be quite a bit easier. So my only suggestion, quit ***** footing around and just get them done. You are probably spending more time worrying and trying to learn everything about them, just get them out and replace them. Its no harder then headers! I look forward to reading your future post about how you manned up and how you love the feel of your new set up!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

you'll love the cutout sound, then again its not for some. if you think you could feel the difference just after your LTs wait til you get a tune. its night and day
Old 09-16-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99wssixm6
Your doing real good so far. Most of the times removing the old stuff is harder then putting the new parts in. Broken rusted bolts...etc.

As far as the mounts go I was reading your other post about it on other threads. I did them with the headers in. That was a bitch. I can only imagine doing them without the headers in, should be quite a bit easier. So my only suggestion, quit ***** footing around and just get them done. You are probably spending more time worrying and trying to learn everything about them, just get them out and replace them. Its no harder then headers! I look forward to reading your future post about how you manned up and how you love the feel of your new set up!
My car is at my dads shop. He only lives about 30 minutes away, but with my wife working and school and child I haven't had much time. Saturday I got the whole day to work on it. We shall see how much I get done. Not really scared as i've done stuff on vehicles that was way worse than working on my car is. Just a time issue. I am sure I will enjoy the car even more once I get it all done.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by thegodfather899
you'll love the cutout sound, then again its not for some. if you think you could feel the difference just after your LTs wait til you get a tune. its night and day
Yeah I put about 100 miles on the car since the header install and I can tell that the car is holding back a little bit. Might get a tune sooner then expected!