Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with true duals on stock manifolds with flowmasters come in

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with true duals on stock manifolds with flowmasters come in

Anyone with true duals with stock manifolds and flowmasters can you please post sound clips and pics getting ready to start mine and looking for ideas on how to do it thank you
Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How does yours sound now? You already have the 40's right? I'd like to hear it myself. How much ground clearence did you give up?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't started yet I'm waiting to get this x pipe off a guy but I'll put up visa when I'm done I'm just looking to hear some others and see how I wanna route my pipingI'm wanting to do a traditional dual setup one on each side of the rearend
Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

just fyi flowmasters suck, go with magnaflow, cherry bomb, borla, those will give a much better sound and more power.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Faught
just fyi flowmasters suck, go with magnaflow, cherry bomb, borla, those will give a much better sound and more power.
Give me info on any other flowmaster besides a 80 series that says they "suck" I do not care I've used flowmasters on every one of my vehicles and this was not an opinion poll
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 6898camaross
Give me info on any other flowmaster besides a 80 series that says they "suck" I do not care I've used flowmasters on every one of my vehicles and this was not an opinion poll
Agreed. I love the way flowmasters sound. Especially on those damned mustangs. I dont think the straight thru flow mufflers have any performance restriction compared to the competition. Especially not that would be noticed on a street car.

Now hurry up and get that **** installed. I want to hear it. I'm in Tulsa btw so you may have to let me hear it in person. I've always wanted true duals with 40's on mine.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cherrybombs on a camaro? now that sucks! Have you heard em?
They sound like ****! heres a vid. Obvious not a camaro, but still an LS1 vette.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FWSaQcyEUc

As for you OP. I went and had true duals for a while. Ground clearance was ok. didnt scrape on speedbumps unless I had people in my car, or when I go in and out my driveway. Heres a vid. I had chamber 10s on mine, flowmaster knock offs, still sounds the same to flowmaster. I had straight pipe into chamber 10s dumped.

With chamber 10s dumped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSBzVWmALI

without chamber 10s. Still dumped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO8vFP2SQhk
Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

when I said cherry bomb I was referring to their mufflers not their glass packs. the cherry bomb extreme muffler or turbo muffler sounds wicked with TD.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Agreed. I love the way flowmasters sound. Especially on those damned mustangs. I dont think the straight thru flow mufflers have any performance restriction compared to the competition. Especially not that would be noticed on a street car.

Now hurry up and get that **** installed. I want to hear it. I'm in Tulsa btw so you may have to let me hear it in person. I've always wanted true duals with 40's on mine.
I'm tryin man yea you can come listen to it anytime as long as you give me a ride in your car
Old 10-04-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
Cherrybombs on a camaro? now that sucks! Have you heard em?
They sound like ****! heres a vid. Obvious not a camaro, but still an LS1 vette.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FWSaQcyEUc

As for you OP. I went and had true duals for a while. Ground clearance was ok. didnt scrape on speedbumps unless I had people in my car, or when I go in and out my driveway. Heres a vid. I had chamber 10s on mine, flowmaster knock offs, still sounds the same to flowmaster. I had straight pipe into chamber 10s dumped.

With chamber 10s dumped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSBzVWmALI

without chamber 10s. Still dumped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO8vFP2SQhk

You got me worried now they seemed a little quiet mabye it was the video.

That dude should not even own a vette that **** sounded like a tractor
Old 10-04-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the vette sounded like a tractor.

Whats up with the trailer hitch and ball on the back. I swear if I ever saw somebody pulling a trailer with a vette I would flip out.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Banned

I thought the vette sounded more like a boat lol
Old 10-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1WS6dreamer

Whats up with the trailer hitch and ball on the back. I swear if I ever saw somebody pulling a trailer with a vette I would flip out.
Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard, WTF do you care what someone else does with THEIR CAR?

I
'll put a trailer hitch on yer momma!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1WS6dreamer

I saw a ZR1....yes a ZR1....pulling a trailer about a month ago. It was one of those small open trailers you usually see a motorcycle on or something. He had some drag wheels/tires on it...I couldn't believe it.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its the video. Trust me. They were loud. A friend told me he could hear me coming a few blocks away. =] I had stock manis, cats, straight pipe with chamber 10s dumped. I would of still had this setup, but the scrapping got annoying. I should have taken my time and had them tucked in nicely. I went from that setup to my stock y pipe, LM1, cat delete. Got pulled over so had to put the cats back on for now. Heres how it sounded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ZkQek73do
Old 10-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Wow, those cherrybombs sound horrible... maybe they were installed backwards....

I hope they're just regular cherrybomb glasspacks, as I have a set of cherrybomb vortexes waiting for my exhaust build and I don't want my Trans AM sounding like that ****..
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Suzaku
Wow, those cherrybombs sound horrible... maybe they were installed backwards....

I hope they're just regular cherrybomb glasspacks, as I have a set of cherrybomb vortexes waiting for my exhaust build and I don't want my Trans AM sounding like that ****..
it will sound nothing like that vett. the glasspacks are horrible on our cars but the mufflers cherry bomb makes sound great, I love TD with extremes on em, very ******* loud and no rasp.

oh and here is what a vette with cherry bombs can sound like/ note this vid seems to be recorded on a potato but you get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyMDl...eature=related

Last edited by Faught; 10-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 6898camaross
I'm tryin man yea you can come listen to it anytime as long as you give me a ride in your car
We can definately do that. Mine is up on jackstands at the moment but should be back on the ground soon.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Wow, those extremes sound mean!

However I also don't want to be deafened by the exhaust as it is my fun DD as well, does anyone here have a dual 3" setup with vortexes here?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
Its the video. Trust me. They were loud. A friend told me he could hear me coming a few blocks away. =] I had stock manis, cats, straight pipe with chamber 10s dumped. I would of still had this setup, but the scrapping got annoying. I should have taken my time and had them tucked in nicely. I went from that setup to my stock y pipe, LM1, cat delete. Got pulled over so had to put the cats back on for now. Heres how it sounded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ZkQek73do
Idk man I just don't (hope I don't get banned for saying this) like the way loudmouths sound nothing against your car I just don't like them

Quick Reply: People with true duals on stock manifolds with flowmasters come in