Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dampner Question?? Pics inside!!

Old 10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dampner Question?? Pics inside!!

Okay so I think I got the dampner on all the way can you guys confirm that it is on.. I torque the bolt is much as I can until the the dampner wanted to turn clockwise, felt like the pulley had resistance when I try'd to turn it more and I didn't want to break the original bolt.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARP211
Okay so I think I got the dampner on all the way can you guys confirm that it is on.. I torque the bolt is much as I can until the the dampner wanted to turn clockwise, felt like the pulley had resistance when I try'd to turn it more and I didn't want to break the original bolt.
You're not supposed to use the original bolt to torque it down. Looks like you got lucky though. Judging by the pictures, it's flush.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bene
You're not supposed to use the original bolt to torque it down. Looks like you got lucky though. Judging by the pictures, it's flush.
okay cool yeah well what I meant was that I turn the bolt till I couldn't turn it no more and I only used the Used bolt to seat the pulley I still have the new one to torque it down.. Thanks for the input tho...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Its fully seated. Buy a pulley install tool next time. Your crank threads will thank you.

Search this Thread