Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to connect Guages

Old 10-07-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to connect Guages

I just picked up a water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure guages. I am mounting them in a pillar pod but want to research my options for connecting them. I thought about using the Lingenfelter Oil Cooler adapter that has -10 fittings for an Oil cooler a temp sensor hole and a turbo feed hole that I would use for Oil Psi but Im not positive yet whether I am going to install a cooler, it depends on how the temp reads after I have it installed. Are there any options that are much cheaper? I was thinking of just doing an Oil Filter Sandwich but I really dont prefer that nor do I know where to get one. Also where are you guys getting your water temp from?
Old 10-09-2011, 07:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sensor locations

We make another block that is for non-oil cooler applications, or since you don't need a turbocharger oil feed port, you could use a C5 Corvette cast aluminum oil block that goes above the filter. It has provisions for an oil temperature sensor.

For water temperature you could put a sensor in the same place on the passenger side cylinder head as the OEM sensor is on the driver side. You could also mount one in the thermostat housing. Another option is some companies make inline hose adapters that have a threaded fitting for a coolant temperature sensor. You put the piece of metal tubing in the middle of one of your radiator hose lines (you can choose to monitor engine out temperature or radiator in temperature depending on what you want to see).

Originally Posted by Whiteaw57
I just picked up a water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure guages. I am mounting them in a pillar pod but want to research my options for connecting them. I thought about using the Lingenfelter Oil Cooler adapter that has -10 fittings for an Oil cooler a temp sensor hole and a turbo feed hole that I would use for Oil Psi but Im not positive yet whether I am going to install a cooler, it depends on how the temp reads after I have it installed. Are there any options that are much cheaper? I was thinking of just doing an Oil Filter Sandwich but I really dont prefer that nor do I know where to get one. Also where are you guys getting your water temp from?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a ton. Ive been eyeballing your Oil Cooler adapter block for a while now and Thinking of going that way but If you feel like the C5 block would be my best bet I probably will go that route. I think I am going to try and squeeze to the passenger side head to get my water temp as well. Thanks for the info though I'm going to look into that C5 block but may still get your cooler adapter and also install a cooler if the funds allow.

Search this Thread