Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

painted pacesetter headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default painted pacesetter headers

subject at hand: black PIANTED, (NOT ARMORCOAT) pacesetter headers.

i have heard that after a short while the paint will come off and they start to rust and will create excessive underhood temps and can cause you to run into a bus full of pregnant nunns and all that craziness, BUT, who has a real world experience w these? how long will the black paint ACTUALLY last? what else is wrong with them?? bc as far as finish/aesthetics goes i could give a **** less whether they're shiny silver or black... any insight greatly appreciated thanks in advance gents
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Teching In

I have black pacesetters the paint goes fast my first drive with the headers they were smoking from the paint being burnt off
Old 10-31-2011, 02:28 AM
TECH Regular

you could care less about how they look? me too!
Could you care less about how long they last? NOPE!
Want to buy them once? buy ceramics/stainless steel
Want to buy them once a year? buy painted.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:15 AM
On The Tree

i bought painted hooker headers November 2010. keep in mind I don't drive my car in bad weather ie rain or anything else. I even sander and put 3 coats of header paint on them. even with that in less than a month the paint was peeling....and now the paint is almost all the way gone. I have put about 2000 miles on the car with headers on the car. Just an FYI hooker quality has gone thru the *******.... I had to re-weld the collectors on both headers cause they where not welded and had huge gaps from where the primaries and collectors meet
Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

I have painted pacesetters and the paint is long gone so I wrapped them and they actually look pretty decent and keeps the temps down somewhat.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Ok thanks guys looks like if I buy some ill continue to buy stainless or ceramic coated as I have in the past. I figured painted were a bad idea but thought it might be worth dealing with as cheap as they are. Don't think this is the case though lol. Once again you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: painted pacesetter headers