Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers

Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default headers

Any downfalls to getting chrome headers? Aside from them turning purplish/blue after a couple thousand miles? they are always so much cheaper and I have a long expensive list of goodies for the car. If only downfall to them is the color change then ill save myself $$$ and get them for now
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what i'm running. Chrome BBK. I've only had them a couple months and they still haven't turned colors. I think they will hold up better than painted ones. I passed on ceramic coated, mainly because i've read so much about the coating not holding up good on pacesetters. If i had the money i would've went stainless, but i think the BBK are a good budget header.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i'm looking at the BBK's. Just tied between the chrome or ceramics. most likely going with chrome because i don't think there are any differences but i just want to make sure b/c they are so much cheaper!!
Did you install yourself? if so how bad was it? Is the fitment/ ground clearance good?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

I too was wondering the same thing
Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

And the bbk has no provisions for air tubes correct?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i run the bbk's. if you want to pay a couple hundred extra for nice looking engine parts then maybe you should have bought a honda. engine parts get dirty with all that hp. the bbk has great fitment and great clearance, the install was easy as cake and no they do not provide AIR provisions, most headers do not. during your install just do the AIR delete trust me you dont need that system especially if you get long tubes and have no more cats. for my AIR delete i did it the ghetto way for the first few weeks, removed the air tubes during install of the headers and unpluged the tube going into my lid, then cut out the other two hoses with a razor, then pulled the fuse for the air pump. if you dont pull the fuse the pump will operate, it wont do anything although it makes your car sound like theres a huge turbo hidden under that hood.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
i run the bbk's. if you want to pay a couple hundred extra for nice looking engine parts then maybe you should have bought a honda. engine parts get dirty with all that hp. the bbk has great fitment and great clearance, the install was easy as cake and no they do not provide AIR provisions, most headers do not. during your install just do the AIR delete trust me you dont need that system especially if you get long tubes and have no more cats. for my AIR delete i did it the ghetto way for the first few weeks, removed the air tubes during install of the headers and unpluged the tube going into my lid, then cut out the other two hoses with a razor, then pulled the fuse for the air pump. if you dont pull the fuse the pump will operate, it wont do anything although it makes your car sound like theres a huge turbo hidden under that hood.
Hey fenix, Where's that fuse located at? do you have any pic?

Search this Thread