Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

continued TB idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default continued TB idle problems

*edit* So i put a piece of tape over the TB Plate hole and it started running just fine with the IAC plugged in, but when I turned on my heater it started hanging up in RPMs when I give it gas????****

I wrote a thread months ago about this same issue im still having... I bought stock throttle body on here from a sponsor, ported/polished/epoxy mod, my cars idle is all messed up it fluxes between 2-4k when i push the clutch in, and only drops down to 800-1k when im at a complete stop..The blade is closed all the way, the idle screw is exactly where its supposed to be and powder coated over anyways, the sponsor told me 100% do not touch it, that its set where it needs to be. The hole on the plate is identical in size to a stock TB.

- I can find no vacuum leaks
- I bought new TPS and IAC
- I reset the TPS
- Ive checked all O-Rings and checked TB Gasket

still runs like crap...UNLESS I unplug the IAC then it runs perfectly normal as far as I can tell..its a little loopy on cold mornings but other then that it warms up and runs just fine all day...I find this strange and dont know enough to know why that is, or if its bad that my IAC is unplugged? Can anyone please shine some light on my situation, or similar stories.

Last edited by whiteNrude01; 11-26-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: found new issues
Old 11-26-2011, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

I would try replacing your new sensors with sensors on someones car who is running fine and see if maybe you have a problem there first. Got a buddy with a LS1?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Yea I got a couple buds around town, the sensors are all brand new bought em this week, what are the odds there all bad?
Old 11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Take a look at this; hopefully it'll help you out

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...er-tuning.html
Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you still have the original throttle body put it back on and see if it fixes it but I'm assuming you sent it in for a core. If the car never ran right directly after swapping throttle bodys odds are somethings off with it. I can't see the sensors being bad espescially if you never had any problem before swapping it. It sounds more like to me they're an imperfection where the blade seats. Call the sponsor back and tell them you've done everything, it has to be the TB.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I had this exact issue about 6 months ago, even made a thread about it. SAME problems as you.

Wound up being the "new" IAC that I bought, that I was SWORN TO was the right part, was WRONG!

Luckily I still had my stock one so I compared them. Externally, they looked IDENTICAL. However, the nipple portion was actually a bit stouter, so to speak, but was several noticeable millimeters shorter. It couldn't have made a seal to control idle I it wanted to.

Maybe that's it.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Launching!

thanks for the replies..i was told that because of the fact that when i put tape over the idle plate hole it fixes the issue, that i have a bad portjob or enlarged hole