Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

minnor altercations maybe required?? Bullshit! major altercations mandatory lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default minnor altercations maybe required?? Bullshit! major altercations mandatory lol

I have a set of junk ebay headers that got real cheap and have been fighting exhaust leaks for almost 4 months. I have access to a machine shop at my leisure so the repair wasnt to tough but to the average do-it-yourselfer it would have been EXTREMLY annoying. The header flange didnt meet the head flush and the ports were welded on the "head" side of the flange and were not big enough, this allowed the gasket to not seal completly. i had to run a bead of weld around the port on the flange then mill the header flange (.100) back down flush using the DCM surfacing machine. the overall clearance and fitment was great, had no real problems getting them in and they have no problems rubbing anywhere. always look very closely at the product before purchasing because not every manufacturer checks fitment an quality they way they should...moral of the story, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

alteration [ˌɔːltəˈreɪʃən]
n
1. an adjustment, change, or modification
2. the act of altering or state of being altered

altercation [ˌɔːltəˈkeɪʃən]
n
an angry or heated discussion or quarrel; argument
Old 12-06-2011, 04:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol....I'm sorry but I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like there was an angry heated discussion between him and the headers tho.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cheap junk is hit or miss with quality and fitment.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Troux
alteration [ˌɔːltəˈreɪʃən]
n
1. an adjustment, change, or modification
2. the act of altering or state of being altered

altercation [ˌɔːltəˈkeɪʃən]
n
an angry or heated discussion or quarrel; argument
Originally Posted by bww3588
Lol....I'm sorry but I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like there was an angry heated discussion between him and the headers tho.
Well, altercation maybe the correct wording,he said he was fighting with the headers,and I imagine he had a few choice words for them too.But they were not really fighting or talking back!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Launching!

lmao hahaha my fault, i was typing a little fast...i guess proof reading goes along way. BUT, i did yell very violent an profound statements at the car so i guess to an outside party it would appear i was in an altercation lol.

aside from the improper grammar, the job was WAY more involved and extensive than it should have been. just trying to for-worn anybody else that might think cheaper is better.