Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header burnt thru this wire, can you identify it? May be cause of ruf idle..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header burnt thru this wire, can you identify it? May be cause of ruf idle..

Ok I was cleaning engine bay and car was off. Then next day after about 2 mins of idling fine, it just started to idle very rough, sputtering and dying out. I thought I pulled a wire somewhere. I checked fuel pressure, it was fine...it sounds so bad for a bit and vibrates horribly then dies.

So today I saw this wire resting on the header itself and the heat burned right through it. Its on the passenger side running down. Can you tell me what it goes to and if THIS could be whats causing my rough idle and dying out. Prior to this the car was running like a champ. If this is the problem can I just splice into the top part where there is good wire/s and then run new wire/s down to below the burnt part and splice in where it's not burnt?

Thanks

Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

that is the abs sensor wire . take your right front tire off and you'll find where it goes the only other wire there is the starter solinoid wire. if you burned it in two you would not start.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

def wheel speed sensor wire, your abs light should be on.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Launching!

awwww man ....that sux! I thought it would be the cause of my problem. I didn't notice abs on. The car does start it just idles super rough and dies after a few seconds
Old 12-08-2011, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

something to check, see if your temp sensor is plugged in all the way or maybe it got wet..
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I like your A.I.R. delete "plates".

Originally Posted by oldmano2z
that is the abs sensor wire ....... if you burned it in two you would not start.
I do not believe a fault in the ABS system will affect the engine's running condition. If in fact this is your ABS sensor wire and your ABS light is on, it's not what's causing the poorly running engine.

Burned open or shorted ABS wiring or even O2 wiring would not prevent the engine from running. As you say it dies after starting, look elsewhere.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this^^^ your car will start, so dont worry about that wire causing a "no start" issue or "rough running" issue, at MOST if them wires you circled fail, it will set your abs light.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
I like your A.I.R. delete "plates".
got that sealed up nice and tight.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Yeah .... I like my plates too... they do the job! kinda homemade tho but it works.

Im going to start a different thread though because I think ....my engine block cracked! which would suck hard Ballz.