Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 camaro ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 79 camaro ls1 swap

First off i found a 1979 camaro z28 very nice No rust and its in primer. i work at a body shop so i know what I'm kinda doing. Well hears were i need some help, its a roller so i was thinking of putting a ls1 with a t56 in it iv seen pics of this being done but cant really find any thing i don't know if I'm not typing the right words or what iv found 69 ls1 swap but no wire diagram. i know I'm a newbie at this. iv only worked on my first car witch was a 91 lumina z34 (No Aftermarket very fun but now its time to upgrade.

some Edelbrock 65073 headers should clear and not hit anything
found ls1 motor mounts that fit right in
and http://www.americanpowertrain.com/index.htm takes care of all t56 needs

I'm open to any comments or pointer. like i said I'm new to swaps and trying to learn how to do this from the computer cuz theirs no hot rod shops, cool garages, and no local community to learn from.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/ has a lot of good info i just cant find any wiring threads or anything. picture are like gold to me cuz I'm a visual learner. thanks very much
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Budget budget budget take ur time a lot of us have done these on ur exact car there are some good deals to b had out there on full drop outs. I have a full build thread on nastyz28 hope I can help
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM

I'm looking into it now haha. your help was needed and appreciated thanks
Old 12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

great project man! ,my first camaro was an 81 Z28 (2ngen) and i am a huge fan of the looks of those things man,

wiring up for the ls1 should be no biggie, you will hafe to purchase the ECU and engine wiring loom with the motor, than you can get a pin-out picture that shows you what each pin in the computer is, and then you can you can wire it to your needs, to get dials and more to work,

ps, one guy i know about is installing a ls to an old chevelle, and he just bougth a painless complete loom, and no headaches

Quick Reply: 79 camaro ls1 swap