Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes, Another Exhaust Question.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yes, Another Exhaust Question.....

I am going to put BBK shorty's on as I already hit every speed bump/hump I come across so LT's are out.

I have brand new GM cats as I just brought the car in with codes and the dealer replaced both of them under warranty.

So, BBK shorty's, the factory cats, SLP's larger diameter y-pipe (yes, it will rub some more), and then what cat back is the question.

I've got some aftermarket/stock set up in there now with a Flowmaster muffler that is pretty old. Hate the sound of it and from what I read, the FM is the worst flowing.

Which CB is best for flow purposes, don't want SLP LM (too loud), and will not break the back (Borla, Corsa, are out)?

Mods are SLP lid, BBK 80TB and BBK SSI intake, deleted air system.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 12-14-2011, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

More than likely the headers and y aren't going to make it any louder. May give it a slightly different tone. If you want it quiet you could go magnaflow or hooker. I have the hooker and I like it prettty well it tames the extra noise the cam makes down quite a bit. A LM2 probably wouldn't be to bad since it has the packing in it either. Its all about personal preference in the end. check out LS1sounds and youtube. It'll give you something to go on.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id say a dual dual or magnaflow.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hooker. not gonna break the bank and haven't found any complaints. I love mine. quiet when you want it to be but rawrs at wide open.