Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volant Intake with 102 TB... anybody running this I need a bellow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Volant Intake with 102 TB... anybody running this I need a bellow.

I've decided to go with a Volant intake on my Trans Am. I'm running a FAST 102 with a 102 TB and I'm using a piece of Fernco from Home Depot as the bellow. I've looked at pictures of them online and the stock bellows seem to be bent quite a bit and I don't know if that fernco is going to be as forgiving. What bellow do I need and where can I get it? I'm running a SLP 85mm maf. Thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using a Silicone Straight Coupling Hose between the Volant and my SLP 85mm MAF, from there I use a Silicone 'Hump' Hose to the TB. Also using SS T-Bolt Clamps on all the hoses from same vendor which not only have better holding power - but better appearance than regular worm clamps - plus they have an xtra smooth liner to protect from cutting into the silicone hose. Never had a problem with the hoses becoming disconnected due to engine torque...

I'm not running a 102 TB though so my hump hose would be too small for your app - but you can check here @ their site (HPS Silicone Hose) to see if they have something that would work for you:

http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com/

If they don't carry reducing hump hoses - you could always buy the one that fits the 102 end, and 'shim' up the MAF side by fitting a piece of hose with ID that fits tight to MAF OD, but has a hose OD that fits tight to the 102 hump ID
Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info, I'm going to b running a fast 90/90 with volant
Old 12-20-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I used a 22* from intakehoses.com that some other guys suggested and it has worked pretty good. Some trimming on it still had to be done for a perfect fit. About $30.

Quick Reply: Volant Intake with 102 TB... anybody running this I need a bellow.