Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please HELP! Throttle Sticking @ WOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please HELP! Throttle Sticking @ WOT

Hey Guys, I posted this over in the Newb section but have only receive a single response. Hopefull you guys over here can help me out. Also, I am not new to the board, I just lost access to my old email account so I am start over with a new screen name. Anyways, I am having a very strange problem that just started to occur. If I go WOT, it feels as if it pegs at full throttle and bounces of rev limiter when I go to grab the next gear. I checked the TB and it seems to work very smooth. I am truly at a loss for how to fix my car. It has done this several time now and it scares the $h!t out of me, plus I know its bad to bounce it off the rev limiter. I was about to replace my TB just in case but I am not positive that is the problem.

I did port the TB a few months back, but it has been fine since. I did some searching and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem. I did pop the hood to look at the TB again tonight and I noticed that the hose going from the passenger valve cover to the top passenger side of the TB was not at all connected. Could this cause the problem? I don't want to drive the car until I figure it out.

Could that open inlet on the top passenger side of the TB cause it to hit the rev limiter when i go to grab the next gear? Is there something wrong with my cruise controller? Please Help !!! Thank you!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you tried taking off the lid and maf and start the car with only the tb connected to the intake? Then you can have someone rev it up while you check for any sign of sticking blade or air leaks? Get everything hooked up first obviously and then run it like mentioned. Could be a vacuum leak if everything isnt hooked up or not correctly installed. I know it may sound silly but make sure all connections including electric ones are going to right spot, it can be easy to cross connect the hoses in that area if not sure how it goes back by heart. Check for damage on hoses or electrical connections as well. Better to check off everything you have first before buying anything new.
Ive heard of the old FAST tb's having problems with sticking blades but that was a few years ago and Ive since heard its a problem of the past.

Originally Posted by SilentArmy
Could that open inlet on the top passenger side of the TB cause it to hit the rev limiter when i go to grab the next gear? Is there something wrong with my cruise controller? Please Help !!! Thank you!
Also, what the hell does this sentence even mean?!?! Something wrong with your cruise controller? huh?

Why dont you try fixing this and testing it yourself? Silly to ask if something that isnt hooked up properly is causing a problem....most likely is yes.
Also, I take it your car is a manually correct?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Could be as simple as the pedal sticking because of a floor mat? That was the case in a G8 I drove, they had 3 sets of floor mats and i had it happen to me twice at WOT. Not a good experience at all...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure it's not YOU who's pegging the throttle and hittling the limiter?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Yes, it only pegs the limiter and stays there until I turn the ignition off. My wife was in the car when it happened. I took my entire foot off the gas each time and pushed in the clutch and turned off the ignition. Def not my foot...
Old 12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Fb0dy0nly,

Yes, the car is a M6. My first question was in regards to the hose that was disconnected from the port on the upper driver side of the TB. So my question was, could this vacuum leak possible be causing the stuck WOT condition? If this would not cause the problem, I would rather not go test the car again, only to find that it does the same thing and in doing so risk hurting myself, my car, my engine, or someone else. A stuck WOT on these cars is not something to take lightly.

Secondly, my reference to the cruise controller issue is just that. In my research it seems that some guys have had issues with either the cruise control module or the ASR control module malfunctioning and in doing so it does not release the throttle cable immediately when your foot is removed from the accelerator. So far it seems like it’s a possibility.

“Also, I take it your car is a manually correct?” – Fb0dy0nly

What is a ‘manually’ car?