Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debating on which exhaust system to go with my 2001 WS6.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debating on which exhaust system to go with my 2001 WS6.....

I'm either going with Corsa or SLP Loudmouth. I want a really loud exhaust but at the same time I want it to sound really good. At first I was join SLP all the way but, then I thought about the droning and listened to the Corsa and really like that. Also my buddy has Corsa on his Vette and I really like the raspiness.

What would you guys go with?

I know I'm definitely doing a Texas Speed ORY with either one I go with.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

I've got the stock exhaust on mine, and I'm going to do long tubes and ory, to a cutout, then factory exhaust. If you have the money, get whatever setup you can afford that is stainless; it will last as long as you own the car.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

if you like loud and raspy.. LM is for you.. I bet it would be quite a bit louder than your friends.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Idk if you know this or not, but be prepared to hand over the Benjamins for the Corsa system. There's about a $700 price difference between the Corsa and SLP.

http://www.ls1sounds.com
Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Teching In

I wouldn't mind spending the extra $ for corsa, but I think I'm going to do the LM because I know the Corsa's are quiet at cruising and I don't want that.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

be carful getting a VERY loud catback thats designet to make a stock exhaust setup LOUD, cause if you put long tube headers and a ORY on a catback like that it is going to to be CRAZY LOUD, plan your catback with your future mods.

for instance I went with a quit magnaflow because I have a 418 with a big cam and longtubes with a ORY so theres no restrictions al lthe way to the catback, the magnaflow that would be quit on other cars barly tames the noise.

P.S. do yourself a favor and make your own y with a flowmaster merge, most off the shelf ys have horrible mergers and creat horrible drone
Old 12-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Of the 2 you mentioned I would definitely go with the Corsa. I've heard too many bad things about the rasp with the Slp. You might also want to consider the magnaflow with the quad tips. It's all stainless and has some of the best looking tips for the WS6 in my opinion. I also know where you can get them for about half of what the Corsa system costs if you're interested.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The TSP redesigned y-pipe has a good merge on it. If you have any plans on making over 400rwhp I'd make sure it's 3" all the way back on whatever you choose.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Magnaflow and a cutout
Old 12-28-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you considered a GMMG (made by mad hammer)? What about the SLP Powerflow, Magnaflow, ss version of the Gibson, Borla which is also adjustable, and of course the several versions of the Corsa you have already mentioned. There are plenty of options out there that are stainless steel that sound amazing on stock manifold and even with headers later on down the road. My personal favorite is the gmmg with lt's and ory. Get something stainless if possible. It will last longer and look better as you can polish it before you instal it. Have you considered just getting headers and a set of TSP duals with bullets or sweet thunders? The duals themselves are aluminized steel and wil eventually rust but does offer what most consider to be the best sound of any thing on the market for the 4th gen f-body. Check out ls1sounds.com. May help you make up your mind.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Have you considered a GMMG (made by mad hammer)? What about the SLP Powerflow, Magnaflow, ss version of the Gibson, Borla which is also adjustable, and of course the several versions of the Corsa you have already mentioned. There are plenty of options out there that are stainless steel that sound amazing on stock manifold and even with headers later on down the road. My personal favorite is the gmmg with lt's and ory. Get something stainless if possible. It will last longer and look better as you can polish it before you instal it. Have you considered just getting headers and a set of TSP duals with bullets or sweet thunders? The duals themselves are aluminized steel and wil eventually rust but does offer what most consider to be the best sound of any thing on the market for the 4th gen f-body. Check out ls1sounds.com. May help you make up your mind.

I have this setup with cats and it sounds great. Very loud at WOT, I can't imagine it without cats. But GMMG necks down from the 3" I-pipe....fine on a bolt-on car, but once you get in the 450rwhp range it's going to be a restriction by as much as 15rwhp. Easily fixed with a cut-out but those aren't for everyone.

Quick Reply: Debating on which exhaust system to go with my 2001 WS6.....