Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default A few questions about duals

Ok first off I've all ready got a panhard bar relocation kit but its yet to be installed and by just looking at it it seems tight and my catback all ready touches my 9 inch but will installing that kit give me a good amount of room or will I be working with very little room for error because I'm not to confident in the shops around here. Also what do you guys think about a Trans Am without tips? The cars pewter and I've done the ceta which I think will take some attention away from it if i don't go over the axle and finally how much will a set of high flow cats cut back noise if any and what kind of power am I looking at losing running them? I'm sure this stuff has been answered before I just couldn't find a straight forward answer. Thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you arent confident in shops around there you can run 2.5 inch duals which anyone should be able to fit, buy the kooks setup and know it will fit, run a TSP setup or get creative. My setup will be duals ran to the axle then merged back into the catback. I will have cutouts so i can switch from duals to the catback. However in your situation with shops out there i would just either buy a TSP setup or have dumped TDs fabbed up. Trans Ams look fine with no tips. As far as cats they will cost you a handful of hp, but IMO 4 or 5 hp is worth losing the smell and toning everything down.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea the smell is probably the worst part.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The shops here are pretty decent its just anything that looks hard they'll straight up tell you it can't be done or give you a ridiculous price so you won't make them do it and if I'm going to end up wiht 1k in a custom exhaust I'd rather just pay a little more for the Kooks and know what I'm going to end up with. I'd really like to get it over the axle if possible. It looks like taking that heat shield off will give me quite a bit more room so would it hurt anything to remove it? and when would the 2.5s become a restriction? if something ever happens to the LS1 its getting a 383.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dump your exhaust, buy the tips you want, and mount them to the bumper...they'll never move or get dirty

I made my brackets with less than $20 in parts from Home Depot. PM me if you want instructions or a parts list