Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv/ breather system

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv/ breather system

I was wondering is it possible to install a matco filler cap breather and do away with the line that runs behind the engine. then install a breather on the driverside and cap off where the tubes connected. Mostly I want to clean up under the hood a little.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think it will do you much of a cleaning. id rather leave the pcv alone for those couple of hoses.remove egr and air, may be the wire mod. to answer your question, yes you can. plug all the vaccum hoses. run breather on your oil cap and some people run one on the driver's side valve cover. or connect both ends of valve covers.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds good thank you! I have already removed the egr system and the other emissions stuff on the driverside.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just double check using search engine on how to delete. incase i misinformed you.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
just double check using search engine on how to delete. incase i misinformed you.
Doing the same thing as the OP. Do you just need to remove all the other vacume lines off the intake to run a breather? Also add a cross over line from cover to cover? I am having a excessive crank case pressure issue when i spray, oil seems(very small amount almost like a mist) to come out from under the valve covers.