Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moisture issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moisture issues

I posted last week about having moisture in my exhaust and how it would drip and steam after I shut it off. I have realized that do to the short drive I have to work my car doesn't even come close to getting warm. When I checked my oil today there was a little evidence of moisture getting into the oil. I'm wondering what I should do to keep this from happening? A friend suggested a catch can. I was think a matco breather and perhaps a catch can. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is only one thing that will stop that from happening. Stop doing short trips where the engine is not getting up to operating temp. Buy a ******* for that.
Nothing will fix it but driving it longer to get the right temp through it...'no ifs, no buts' simple really.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

It's normal... Short trips are the worst.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This morning I cranked it and let it sit for awhile so it would warm up. I'm also going to hook it up to hptuners and change the temp that my fans kick on, because they are set to always be on right now.