Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help identifying this connector

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default help identifying this connector

anyone know what this connector is? its on my drivers side right in front of the 1st header primary and the first spark plug on that side. right behind the power steering pump tank. its not on the other side of the motor only on this side. reason why i ask is because the wires are exposed on mine and barely hanging on. anyone know what this is or a part number? and more interestingly what does it do is it some sort of sensor? ( im having a idle problem that i cant track down)
Attached Thumbnails help identifying this connector-connector.jpg   help identifying this connector-connector2.jpg   help identifying this connector-connector-3.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's your engine coolant temperature sensor.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bene
That's your engine coolant temperature sensor.
what he said.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by usnfenix
anyone know what this connector is? its on my drivers side right in front of the 1st header primary and the first spark plug on that side. right behind the power steering pump tank. its not on the other side of the motor only on this side. reason why i ask is because the wires are exposed on mine and barely hanging on. anyone know what this is or a part number? and more interestingly what does it do is it some sort of sensor? ( im having a idle problem that i cant track down)
Fix it, and it should fix your idle problem.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

k i know more than the beginner but i dont know everything how is an engine coolant sensor going to fix an idle problem?

and does anyone have a part number for the connector, thats whats broke if you look at the pictures the sensor is probably fine
Old 01-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Trunion King

[QUOTE=usnfenix;15843210]
k i know more than the beginner but i dont know everything how is an engine coolant sensor going to fix an idle problem?

and does anyone have a part number for the connector, thats whats broke if you look at the pictures the sensor is probably fine
The connector does not look like it's broken just the wire(s) frayed from it. You could just take it apart and put it back together.

The sensor telsl the PCM what is the temperature of the engine so it would know when to put the engine in stoich or lean mixture when the engine is warm. If this doesn't work, your motor will run rich therefore it'll foul your sparkplugs and your O2 sensors down the road.

Basically it is one of the sensors in your engine that tells the PCM how much fuel your motor needs.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=bene;15843345]

The connector does not look like it's broken just the wire(s) frayed from it. You could just take it apart and put it back together.

The sensor telsl the PCM what is the temperature of the engine so it would know when to put the engine in stoich or lean mixture when the engine is warm. If this doesn't work, your motor will run rich therefore it'll foul your sparkplugs and your O2 sensors down the road.

Basically it is one of the sensors in your engine that tells the PCM how much fuel your motor needs.
this is interesting as ive had to replace my o2 sensors just a week ago after i replaced them a month prior. the idle problem is most noticable on startup and when the engine is cold. it hesitates and almost dies. you can visibly see the engine shudder and miss
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check to see if you have a bad plug wire or a craved spark plug.