Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting my POTZ eBay P&Pd Throttle Body & MAF Ends tomorrow... reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting my POTZ eBay P&Pd Throttle Body & MAF Ends tomorrow... reviews?

So I just bought the POTZ ported and polished Throttle Body and MAF ends from eBay and will be getting them tomorrow in the mail. Has anyone else used one of these POTZ TB's and are the ported MAF ends a good idea or will I be throwing codes or something because of it? Thanks for any and all info... I'm quite excited for them to arrive!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you are a stick no it wont throw codes, just give the pcm some time to adjust for the new airflow
Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got mine from potz 2 weeks ago, very nice. Best ported TB you can get for the money.
I didn't do the maf, Do a search on ported mafs and you'll see why I didn't. Not to say it'll **** things up, but I trust what I've read on this site about ported/descreened mafs.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Cool

Originally Posted by justin hover
I got mine from potz 2 weeks ago, very nice. Best ported TB you can get for the money.
I didn't do the maf, Do a search on ported mafs and you'll see why I didn't. Not to say it'll **** things up, but I trust what I've read on this site about ported/descreened mafs.
The Potz TB is a great investment.Also if you are only changing the maf ends or porting them there will be no problems with that.If you changed the whole Maf I would say yes to the problems and tell you its a waste of money.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Only problem I had when I had mine is I had to adjust the idle stop screw up so the engine would run (a whole 2 minutes). He does good work.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

any pics of the finished work? I'm thinking about sending mine out too. Also debating about sending my tb to Jantzer also....hmm...
Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tnmotown
any pics of the finished work? I'm thinking about sending mine out too. Also debating about sending my tb to Jantzer also....hmm...
Pics are in the camera at the moment. Jantzer has alot of problomatic reveiws from my reasearch. Potz responded right away, very good price, and at the time had all the stainless screws, washers, ect. for free. It was a true 78mm TB after porting...I'd reccomend him
Old 01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Just got finished putting in both the ported TB and the MAF ends... Wow! Butt dyno is very pleased, much better mod than just a Lid IMO. Yea Potz is awesome and responds right away. Very happy about my purchase and I highly recommend it. All said and done once you send the core back is about $75, wish I did it sooner. I can take a pic of it already installed but didn't bother taking a pic when I had my old TB side by side, definitely a very clean port job for both the TB and MAF ends. Mine also came with free stainless screws and all that.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tnmotown
Here you go, painted CAT yellow of course...

Getting my POTZ eBay P&Pd Throttle Body & MAF Ends tomorrow... reviews?-photo_1.jpg

Getting my POTZ eBay P&Pd Throttle Body & MAF Ends tomorrow... reviews?-photo_2.jpg

Last edited by jeremyfrank14; 01-23-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Getting my POTZ eBay P&Pd Throttle Body & MAF Ends tomorrow... reviews?