Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow quad tip with ORY and headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Magnaflow quad tip with ORY and headers

Anyone running the Magnaflow quad tip catback with long tube headers and an ORY? I've read that the magnaflow is the mildest catback of the group but I'm afraid it will drone on the highway. I'm running the OEM performance catback now with no drone and good sound so I'd hate to ruin what I have (it needs to be moved back about an inch though cause it's turning the bumper yellow). Thanks in advance for any feedback!

If your curious here's what it sounds like now: http://vimeo.com/13286856 (the Camaro has stock exhaust so you can only here my car)

Brad

Last edited by Formula1996; 02-03-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I seriously doubt you'll have any drone!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are cammed, with long tubes, hi flows and the single tip Magnaflow, and drone is non-existant. The Maggy catback is mellow, but sounds great when you lay in to it.

We switched from a Loudmouth 1 so I know all about drone LOL.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Great, thanks guys for the input!

Brad
Old 02-04-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the quad tip with a cam, long tube headers, and a terrible ory and can't complain about any drone when I'm on the highway. With stock gears in 6th at 75mpg I can easily hold a conversation in my car without raising my voice any. I also came from a loud mouth I setup on the car that was just terrible. I love this exhaust so much I tend to drive a bit higher RPMs so I can listen to it more lol. Once I get a better y pipe it should sound even better and deeper.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Awesome thanks! I have the QTP Y pipe with the flow master merger, so I have minimal rasp as it is with the setup. Just looking to open up the exhaust some more.

Brad
Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
We are cammed, with long tubes, hi flows and the single tip Magnaflow, and drone is non-existant. The Maggy catback is mellow, but sounds great when you lay in to it.

We switched from a Loudmouth 1 so I know all about drone LOL.
i did the same thing after i threw a cam into it. i ditched the LM1 and went with the single tip Magnaflow. the muffler is the same on the quad tip ones, just the exit pipe and tips are different, same sound (and mine was 200 bucks cheaper). it keeps the cops off me driving around town and scares people on WOT.

EDIT: i also have an E-Cutout so if i feel like goin loud, i just open it up and let er rip
Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about the same thing, the Magnaflow with Quadtips, TexasSpeed LongTubes, and a Catted Y Pipe. I just want a nice growl that isn't overbearing and droning on the highway, but enough that the car makes its presence known. Will probably cam/heads later.

Sound like a sound plan?

Quick Reply: Magnaflow quad tip with ORY and headers