Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help T5 Keisler Trans

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help T5 Keisler Trans

I'm getting more and more frustrated with trying to install a Transmission that I bought from Keisler, an RS400. Nothing is fitting right and every site I read uses something i dont have or is not readly available discontiued etc. I have scoured this site for hours and hours and weeks but i dont see much that helps pertaining my issue.
I have a 2001 5.3 with a GM 671 alluminum bellhousing from a truck in decent condition and bought a flywheel from Jegs 555-601260 F/WHEEL LS1/LS6 168T INT . then got a act clutch 10T and pressure plate from the local speed shop. gm4-hdss. Got a stock fork that was reconmened from the parts store and same with the release bearing.. but some thing dont seem right. Fork travel from the front of the retaining bearing to the diaphragm is 2.75 inches and still need more for the pressure plate to release the disc. but the fork bottoms out on the rearward side by the piviot .. so either I totally messed up somewhere or there something wrong. No one here can help since it's not considered a STOCK available option and they have no way of figureing out what i need to to do. Any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried Keisler support?
I have to admit that my encounters with them yielded mixed results.
Maybe a question placed in the "Manual Transmission" section?