Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 vs ls6 vs weiand vs BBk

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 vs ls6 vs weiand vs BBk

So I know I see the intake question a lot, and I was recently researching a couple myself lately, but solid dyno comparisons seem hard to come by. Well while searching I ended up on another forum and found a great dyno comparison for the intakes mentoned in the title. Figured id share it in here for anyone else looking for info. Scroll down to post 27 for the dyno results.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347366
Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never seen the ls2 beat an ls6 Intake...interesting graphs...good post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
I've never seen the ls2 beat an ls6 Intake...interesting graphs...good post
It didn't here either, ls6 489hp@5900rpm compared to the ls2 485hp@6000rpm. I thought the ls2 would have been better myself. I just bought a bbk myself, glad I went with it after seeing this.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt read too much into this. Anyone of those intakes could dyno higher than the other on a different day (Expect the LS1 intake)
Old 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
I wouldnt read too much into this. Anyone of those intakes could dyno higher than the other on a different day (Expect the LS1 intake)
Not really, even a slight change in temp is not going to make that big of difference. Also looks like this was an engine dyno, which usually means same dyno, same location, same temps (probably indoors climate controlled) and seeing as there only manifold dynos I bet there all done in the same day. Easy swap. The resutls can't be argued.

Last edited by HottLS1Z; 02-13-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HottLS1Z
No really, even a slight change in temp is not going to make tht big of difference. Also looks like this was an engine dyno, which usually means same dyno, same location, same temps (probably indoors climate controlled) and seeing as there only manifold dynos I bet there all done in the same day. Easy swap. The resutls can't be argued.
You just have to remember that alot of the guys who compare these graphs are trying to sell something. I have seen bbks dyno higher than ls6's and the other way around. Thats what I was trying to say.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
You just have to remember that alot of the guys who compare these graphs are trying to sell something. I have seen bbks dyno higher than ls6's and the other way around. Thats what I was trying to say.
Idk man, I have been doing a LOT of research on the 3 aluminum ones the PP Typhoon, Weiand and BBK and never once have I seen anything with the LS6 doing better then the BBK. The Weiand yes I have seen mixed results but that BBK seems to be the best of the 3 from everything ive seen. I decided to pick one up. When I get it on the car I will post up if I feel any kind of difference over my LS6 with ported stock TB. Can you post up a link of something showing what you mentioned?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

i wanted a BBK manifold. but i talked to some of my local tuners and they all said they were garbage. all are very reputable tuners as well. so i just left it alone. between all of the cars they have tuned they obviously have a reason for not liking them. so ill trust thier opinions especially when they are not trying to sell anything.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Thanks OP for the link. I've read that book and was very impressed with the BBK intake results.

However, I later realized that in this test the BBK was also blessed with a BBK throttle body. Which made me wonder how well the intake would have done with the same TB as the baseline intake.

Quick Reply: ls1 vs ls6 vs weiand vs BBk