Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C and Snow Performance

Old 02-25-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question H/C and Snow Performance

I just purchased a set of 799's with a torquer v.2 cam. My car already has bolt-ons headers ory 80mm port and polish tb slp lid jaam air kit. My next question is with this and the fact that i plan to do boost in the future is it worth it to put a Snow Performance water meth injection kit on the car to take full advantage of all the power I can? Any advice or suggestions would be great
Old 02-25-2012, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking about doing this very thing for awhile. Hptv just tested a kit on the 572 and picked up 33 hp. I wouldnt expect to gain quite that much but another 20 or so would be nice and the added benefit of using an equivalent of 116 octane fuel. It is pretty cheap and easy to setup as well gives a nice steam clean to the top end as well.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i saw that episode too. Thats also why i was curious if anyone here had tried it and if its worth the $300-$400 bill for the kit. It really seems like it should be. Plus could hide the tank and stuff in the back where the spare is or perhaps on the driver side in that little slot. Clean install.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yah it would be nice if they did the test on an n/a ls engine. So many more people have it than the 572, but they didnt ask me. Maybe they will on a future episode. If the system netted 20+ hp i say it would be worth it. Using the stock windshield washer resovior would even be cleaner you wouldnt have to run the lines very far. At least that is what i will do if i ever decide to go with the kit.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Snow Performance makes a specific kit for our cars but its for a boosted application. Not a N/A application but they do make the kit that works with a MAF sencsor and N/A. Horse Power T.V. did it on a Challenger on one of they're last episodes resently.
http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/s..._num=HP2011-17

Search this Thread